Agnostic.com

31 8

Does anyone travel for concerts?

I don't do the big festivals anymore, but with major rock acts starting to do farewell tours, and with limited schedules, I'm find it necessary - and fun - to travel around for shows. Traveled to Seattle a couple of weeks ago for a show not stopping in Denver, and will go to LA next month for another. I don't need a show to go to NYC but have done it. Where have you gone and who have you seen there?

242Foxtrot 8 June 26

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

31 comments (26 - 31)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Not unless I'm being paid as a participant. To listen to one of my favorite groups? Never done that.

Those days are long gone. I don't want to be herded like a refugee anymore.

My parents took me to my first concert when I was 13. We lived in Kentucky. We had to travel about an hour to the outdoor stadium in Evansville, IN. I did the same thing with my high school friends when we traveled to the same place to see Black Sabbath (with Dio) when I was 16. I took a 5 hours bus ride one time to meet my cousins in Cincinnati, Ohio that same year. We saw Genesis, downtown Cincy. I stayed with them a few days after the concert before returning home. I have lived in Houston since those days and the most miles I have to travel now to see a concert is around 25 miles.

ballou Level 8 June 28, 2018

So...simple answer is yes...drove 7 hours to see Ghost in Chattanooga TN just last month, but i won‘t do this for the older established bands...i saw most of em in the 70s and 80s. i will do small venues and no festivals only

Phin Level 6 June 27, 2018

The Poppy Mountain Bluegrass Festival was held each year for three days at the next mountain over from my farm near Morehead, KY.

I always walked over there, clog danced the night away, sat around campfires listening to musicians jamming afterward, and walked home under the stars.

I drove from Jacksonville to Atlanta to see Madonna with my daughter. Free tickets and hotel accommodations thanks to a storm that stopped my ex wife to drive from Memphis to the concert so ticket landed in my lap for driving. Rebel Heart Tour. Hitched from Santurce to Vega Baja (saw somewhere placing it at Manati) for the Mar y Sol Pop Festival in 1972. A top 5 festival of that Woodstock Era. I got there like 4 days before the start of the festival. Already been in the site months earlier because there was a hippie commune in those grounds.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:116759
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.