Agnostic.com

13 4

Higher power or Human psychology?

Humans in general display a superiority complex, believing to be the chosen species to maintain the Earth. So my question is, why is it that all we have achieved in the past is to destroy the plane with which we exist?

Acting more like a parasite than an advanced being...

Raven_Wonder 3 Dec 31

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

13 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I wouldn't say "all humans." Most indigenous peoples lived in harmony with the land, and took great care. Most of our problems, and yes, I realize that I'm way over generalizing, came with "world conquest," mostly out of the west. We also have three holy books that tell us we're special and that we can do anything we want with impunity.

"Someone is sitting in the shade today because someone planted a tree a long time ago." - Warren Buffet

In other words, there exist implications for the future for what we do today. Us humans have an advantage, we are aware of that FACT.

“Necessity is the mother of invention.”

I like to think we’ve got people working on all the right problems, otherwise I think we aren’t going to be able to sustain life on Earth indefinitely.

My question is, how am I a part of the solution(s)?

In the past it may have been ignorance and survival, probably mostly greed now.

Arrogance.

SamL Level 7 Dec 31, 2017

I have to admit that I am a Tourist on his Phase 3 in this Planet. Retired enjoying Retirement Respecting other lifeforms around me to the best of my recollection. But everyone else is not me.

I know I also have an inferiority complex.

We aren't so different from other apex predators, exploiting their modicum of cleverness and sharpness to get ahead with narrowly focused goals for personal gain, that is, until over-using vital resources and suffering hardship, starvation, and disease outbreaks as a result. We do it on a grander scale than others, but it is the same principle at work. I think some of our instincts remain more powerful than our intellects.

At least some of us are trying to turn this around; it's become a question of whether it's happened soon/fast enough to forge a decent quality of life for our children.

godef Level 7 Dec 31, 2017

Maybe humans are a parasite, mold on a piece of fruit or maybe not. 😛

Betty Level 8 Dec 31, 2017

Some human civilizations/societies have been stable and ecologically conscious for millenia. Usually they were eventually destroyed by a rapacious civilization. So it's certainly possible we will get our act together. Not looking particularly promising right now though, lol.

these why questions are so hard

Human psychology.... makes you think about tomorrow and what we have to live with....i like this.

Higher power... it's all good. The higher power will take care of it....this sucks.

Right now the tRUMP administration is going back in time and raping our land.Practices like strip mining, shale drilling, authorizing trophy killing, drilling in the Artic and destroying land to build oil pipelines are stealing from our natural resources. Could it be that tRUMP feels he has a Higher Power or is the Higher Power who has been ordained to take fom the land?

I think it is the latter if he even thinks that far

Yes, "going back." Comparisons with Obama don't change that. Obama allowed petrolium expansion, too, though not carte Blanche. More importantly, he supported rapid expansion of renewable energy and said all along that petroleum resources are to be a stop-gap until renewable energy production can handle all our needs. Trump stands for none of that.

H.R. McMaster his National Security Adviser call him an idiot and a dope and Tillerson called him a moron..OMG!!!.I think were in trouble..LOL...I wonder what Scaymoochi would have been calling him if he would have hung out for a few more weeks?..Very scary!!!...LOL

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:11720
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.