Agnostic.com

19 3

Describe Your Idea Of A Perfect Date.

For those who are here to meet someone, I thought it would be a great idea to let your potential mate know what your idea of great Date would consist of.

Would this date consist of a Fun Activity, and if so what would that be?

Would this date include Dining at a Restaurant, and if so what type of food or establishment would you chose?

Would you consider a kiss on the first date if you really like this person?

Do you desire a Longterm Relationship or do you prefer to Dating or just One Night Stands?

Would you consider Getting Married Again IF its with the right person?

If you are Here looking to find a Partner, i encourage you to respond to this post.

"The Person Who Thinks Your Cute, May Be wondering about You"

• 17 votes
  • 32 votes
twshield 8 June 29

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

19 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

My ideal date is going someplace pretty. Walking through the area, holding hands, viewing nature. Kinda like Rock City. XD

We then go to dinner where ever that may be, chat, get to know each other(mind you, this is the first or second date), talk about our hopes and dreams and what we want out of a relationship and such.

Then maybe if we are still up in the mountains; take in the sunset and perhaps even have a long, sweet kiss.

But im a romantic so... XD

The best first date is meeting somewhere for coffee or a walk in the park. I just want to talk to see if there will be a second date. Since I'm looking for a forever relationship, I've been very choosy about who I see for a second date. So the first date is just a precursor. I joined this site because I was on another dating site but couldn't find anyone compatible especially when discussing belief or in my case, lack thereof. Another thing I've found is atheists tend to be more intelligent and interesting.

I am here for community but if someone happens to gain my fancy that's fine too.

Museums are my perfect date.

I love museums! I went and revisited the Field Museum in Chicago last September. They were hosting the traveling Jurassic World exhibit! It was amazing.

personally I think dating is strange. I think it is more important to get to know someone than to try to arrange an artificial situation where everything seems perfect or something. The last person I was with , we were together for 6 years. Our first time together we cleaned the cattle pens at his dad's place because we both could see he needed the help. That was a good way to get to know him to me

btroje Level 9 June 29, 2018

@Akfishlady I think in pre internet days a date was with someone that you knew in the context of your life already and you were kicking things up a notch

If i were dating again i would start with me loosing weight. Get a half ass six pack belly again. Tone up so my clothes would look nice on me. Start working out 2 hours a day. Start walking 1 hour a day. Clean up my place a little. I would give myself a year of working on myself and touching base with my friends and see where my problem areas are and work on myself. Then i would consider dating and see if thats what i want to do. Crazy huh?

@Akfishlady oh... it works both ways. I don't have an insecurity about myself and knowing that i look good..... i can take rejection. I may not be her type, she may be seeing someone, or any other reason. I would feel rewarded that i am attractive and its not because of that....

For me, there is most important connection with a man more than a place of date. I would like to meet someone I will be able to identify with. Of course, I like restaurants but I think I like the forests more. I think when you will meet the right person you will have a feeling and the place doesn't matter. I would like longterm relationship.

By myself, with a bottle of vodka, and listening to Bach.
Best date ever.

@Donotbelieve Sorry to come across crass. There are some times that i can't voice my opinion with words as much as I'd like to.

The truth is that I am 53 years old. I've done my fair share of dating, but I do enjoy very much love the friend that I have. i have a better connection with my friends than I've ever had with girl friends.

In fact there many of lovers that I have been with didn't go so well, but we have grown to be great friends.

The comment I made about being alone was a long time awaiting. It took a long time to love my self.
as much as I do love to be with my friends, I have learned to make peace with myself, and I love the times that I love to have my time to be alone and enjoy it.

@Donotbelieve Thank you verey much

My 1st date with someone would prolly be at a coffee house or a park, maybe a walk. Second date, perhaps we could do a movie.

What I expect from someone that I am looking to be with. 1.) Does not smoke cigarettes (I don't care if the person smokes cigars once in a while or weed). 2.) Must be on their own in an appt or house and not living with parents. 3.) Own your own vehicle(s). 4.) Must have steady employment of 40 hrs (rather the first shift like me, so we can have a chance to be with one another in the evening). 5.) Hear is a stickler; live close to me and I never had any luck with long distance relationships. 6.) Have similar interests like me (don't have to like all of these, but an idea what I like); BBQ'ing, movies, going for walks, camping, dog lover.
I have been criticized on the first four rules of mine and how I need to back off on them. I said, it is from experience in the past, making me having these rules today.

I am bi-sexual, and all I dated was woman. I never had any luck with woman. It is time to change that up a bit.

I believe i am forgetting something hear. So I will submit this and see what happens.

My perfect date is probably October 5th. Summer is over and it is finally cooling off.

Nice one. I live in Florida so I get what you mean.

@TristanNuvo
I feel your pain. I have a sister down there and even as ladylike as she is, she starts using foul language when describing the current weather.

I'll know when it happens🙂 And that's all I have.

........I like October 31st too.... 😉

@Knd502 🙂

I was looking for this!

1. The man looks like his photos. (Surprising.)

2. We have fun talking and laughing over a healthy meal.

3. Nobody spews milk out their nose, spills their drink or farts loudy.

4. He doesn't push for sex that day.

5. Afterward, we go for a lovely walk along the riverfront. He easily keeps up with me.

6. I feel attracted to him, and enjoy his company.

7. Good kisser.

@OlderMusicGeek

Number 3 is a joke about low standards. Did anyone get the joke?

Any date that doesn't include bowling!

A bit to unpack, but ok.

Q.Would this date consist of a Fun Activity, and if so what would that be?
A. I'm going to say first date should be more relaxed, coffee, dinner, maybe a museum. Save the fun activities for date two and up.

Q.Would this date include Dining at a Restaurant, and if so what type of food or establishment would you chose?
A.Sure, I'm pretty easy when it comes to food, down for just about anything, big fan of Indian food though.

Q.Would you consider a kiss on the first date if you really like this person?
A. Yes

Q.Do you desire a Longterm Relationship or do you prefer to Dating or just One Night Stands?
A. Long term or dating not into the one night stand

Q.Would you consider Getting Married Again IF its with the right person?
A. Yes

thats a lot of questions in one post

btroje Level 9 June 29, 2018

@twshield If they are interested I will let them ask me 🙂

@twshield then he wouldnt want to be with me. easy

@twshield If someone is afraid to approach me why would I want to be with him? I prefer a partner,not someone I would have to coddle

@twshield no reason to hang out with someone afraid of me. we are not talking about a relationship with the world, but me

@twshield you used the word fear. I have said enough about this.to me you are describing a situation that a person's emotion has to be accommodated before the initial contact. That just doesn't make sense. I do not want to have to constantly monitor myself because someone doesn't feel comfortable around me from the outset whatever label you want to apply to that feeling.

@twshield I have to side with @btroje on this. It's difficult for most of us to make that first move. But you aren't going to make any decent progress if you don't have the courage or confidence to initiate contact.

If you are so shy that it immobilizes you into making a move. I have to pass. I need someone that is more confident.

@twshield its their loss and they need to learn to deal with that factor

@btroje This may be a novel suggestion but have you considered approaching a guy and making the first move? Or are ya a stickler for traditional ways and men need to approach you and ask you out?

@demifeministgal I do all the time.the above is a hypothetical discussion, not a description of my life

I met a guy once for cocktails and snacks at a mexican restaurant. I had brought some cookies for him and he brought a bottle of wine for me. We talked for hours. We went for a walk around that area in which the restaurant was situated and he was so sweet. That is one that stands out to me in past dates that were fabulous.

I truly feel that if you are well matched with someone that watching paint dry can be fun. It is really about the conversation and the company.

I never kiss on a first date. I need to know someone first. Too many people out there are dating a few at a time.

I would love to be married again. Will it happen? I don't know... timing is everything and I have had a busy year... maybe I will find time to date again soon. I definitely only date one at a time and seek long term. Hopefully that forever match...

My perfect date would be standing blindfolded a few feet away from a map of the U.S. then throwing a dart at the map. Where it lands is where we road trip and enjoy the surrounding area.

I don't know about all the details but I would say that everyone remembered to take their meds, no one is wearing oxygen, and ice cream is involved somehow.

what about the sammich?

@btroje ice cream sammich.

@twshield not really.

@twshield not

What if...you are here for community and you are open to meeting a nice person? I’ve had much older men ask me out on this site and wasn’t too happy, so I changed what I was looking for. My dads age is not cool!

LOL I soooooooo get this

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:118488
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.