Agnostic.com

27 3

So what did you guys do for new years?

or... I guess doing... if you aren't in Australia.

BlatantSubtlety 5 Dec 31

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

27 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Staying home and away from people.

I just spent nearly six hours driving a terrifying trip on black ice due to a sudden winter storm on I-40 from far western NC to Asheville. I may never leave my house again. I am now cooking a lovely veggie New Year's Day dinner to enjoy all day tomorrow...collard greens, buttermilk cornbread, and black-eyed peas. So happy to be inside where it's warm and safe. Happy New Year!!

Hi! I'm in Greenville and heard there was black ice reported in the mountains. It is so bloody cold that it would be awful to be stranded outside. Glad you're safe and warm now!

That sounds like a scary ride but a fab dinner HNY

ice black or white is a nightmare Glad you made it

I watched cheesy b grade movies, and played board games with friends. Hope all are having a safe and enjoyable New Year.

I was fast asleep by 11.30, I made tacos, had a quick drink with my mate, watch the end of the Last Samurai movie with Tom Cruise, and zzzzzz. Didn't get woken up by any fireworks or noisy people. One of the best sleeps I have had in awhile. I guess its because it was raining and it hasn't rained here in 2 or 3 months, so was cooler and nice 🙂

Sacha Level 7 Dec 31, 2017

I don't celebrate the new year. I just watched Netflix.

Heading out to a friend's party in a few minutes.

Watching Anderson Cooper and Andy Cohen, drinking wine and snuggling with my cats, Tomorrow me and friends are going to watch some crazy people swim in the Ocean, which is 3 blocks from here.. the temp will be about 5 Celsius.. Oh, and I am "on call" for the funeral home tonight. So hoping for a quiet night.

You might end up picking up some work soon what with people jumping in the ocean in Jan.

I should bring the van and a couple of stretchers in that case LOL @Paul628

Hahahah ...still waiting

5 hours away and I am stoking the woodstove and petting the pups from out in the middle of nowhere United States

!I guess I should reword that.... or not

At home having some whiskey and playing with our new puppy. I was outside with her at midnight. Exciting life. 🙂

Watched the ball drop in Times Square with Anderson Cooper and Andy Cohen and chatted with a friend. Got high and drank Southern Comfort and eggnog. Happy New Years down under.

DVD and bed early. Going for a hike tomorrow with the local atheist group.

I just finished watching "The Circle." Very creepy and terrifying. Not at all festive! With two hours to go, I'm hanging out with my pup while my boys are gaming in their rooms. Basically just another night, except there was pizza and sparkling juice!

dkp93 Level 8 Dec 31, 2017

Sat at my desk, bashed out two articles and selected suitable photos to go with them... middle age has caught up with me!

Jnei Level 8 Dec 31, 2017

I got out of Sydney for New Years eve and went to the southern highlands south of Sydney, specifically, Kangaroo Valley in a beautiful B & B in a stylish very old house. They served wine and cheese at 5.30 everyday. That's me thank you!!! I went to bed at 10.30 and woke up early New years day and went for a paddle, stand up paddle (SUP) on Kangaroo River. Magical way to energise the new year 2018 !!!

“Kangaroo Valley” … with the “Kangaroo River” .. hope it’s ok that I’m still laughing.. 😀

As of 11:00 pm Central Time US, I'm watching a Twilight Zone marathon on the Syfy channel.
(Thanks Talia! 😉)

I said a couple of days ago that would stream Star Trek Discovery, back to back, to watch again as an extended movie. Did that. Liked it even better on second viewing. That's enough NYEve excitement for me.

A few days ago someone on this site asked about plans for New Year's Eve, and I replied that I would have a little drink, go to bed about eleven, get woken up by car horns and maybe fireworks, and go back to sleep. What actually happened was this: I had a little drink, went to bed about eleven, got woken up by fireworks (no car horns), and went back to sleep.

As for New Year's Day, it's nice and sunny and not too hot so I'll do some work in the garden.

Work 12 hours.

LOL I’ll probably be in bed by 10:30. I might go hiking on the First, but it is rather cold out and I don’t think it will get above 20F tomorrow.

CS60 Level 7 Dec 31, 2017

Not much. I am probably going to talk to my best friend from Virginia as soon as my phone finishes recharging. I can't go to any parties or do any drinking: I have work tomorrow in another town at 8 AM. Besides, drinking isn't really my thing. Now I am not going to be able to get any sleep until after midnight, when all of the noise dies down.

Drinking whiskey, watching movies on Kodi on my PC. SWMBO is watching Netflix in the living room.

SWMBO??

@dkp93 She Who Must Be Obeyed

Lol - quick catch @coffeo

@Hominid @coffeo
HA! Love it!

Talked for 5 hours and 12 minutes with my 25 year old daughter 3K miles away! All’s well 🙂

Varn Level 8 Jan 1, 2018

thats a lot to say!

@btroje ...and she did 60% of the talking 🙂 Makes me not miss life in high gear, so much ~

Ate, a lot! I am a nondrinker and not much for crowds, so typically, I stay home with the kids and cats, eating finger foods.

Just changed years. The kids went straight to bed. I cannot possibly sleep on a full stomach and not pay, so... perhaps a movie.

Zster Level 8 Jan 1, 2018

Take shots! Taquilla Rose & Sex On The Beach my two favorite!!!!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:11873
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.