Agnostic.com

23 5

Attractive parts

Other than the obvious choices (the actual sexual apparatuses/breasts), what physical characteristics of each gender do you find most attractive? Here are my responses:

Females: hair (on the head), legs, hands (love long, manicured nails), smile, eyes.

Males: nape of neck, hands/nails, facial hair, arms, eyes

I can see some men already getting anxious and sweaty contemplating whether to answer this question. Let me just say that because you are capable of finding a man's parts attractive does not, in any way, mean you're other than 100% (or thereabouts) hetero. I'm a firm believer, however, that human sexual preferences fall on a continuum . . . With some folks being close to 100% one way, but with the vast majority of us falling somewhere in between.

RobLawrence 7 June 30

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

23 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I like defined muscles on all genders. Not hypertrophic, just strong. I like a lady with well-used hands, large, intelligent eyes, a ready smile, and a hearty laugh. I can't abide that weak little titter a lot of women seem conditioned to use. I don't really care for high-pitched speaking voices, especially if it's an affect.

I am an ass man and always turn my head for most any woman walking by. I also notice her lips and hair. I can notice a very handsome man.

@RobLawrence Thank you my friend

Big brown eyes are beautiful on a man and a woman.

NPR did a story on eye color many years ago. If memory serves, according to the study, brown (or very dark) eyes were often preferred as with dark eyes as it is hard to judge the size of the pupil with very dark eyes. If a person is "in love"/aroused/relazed about a potential parter, the iris will dilate. so dark eyes look like the person loves you. . . On the other side of the coin, when the pupils constrict, the person is stressed. . . .etc. [scienceline.org]

For females I concur, the nape of the neck down to where the cleavage or breats actually begins.

t1nick Level 8 June 30, 2018

First and foremost eyes and then smile (both sexes)

Pete66 Level 6 June 30, 2018

Men: Nape of neck, shoulders, forearms, the hollow at the base of the throat. Eyes, nose, and smile.

Females: neck, eyes, the chest between the collar bones and the breasts, hair, and lips.

I'm also a 'ho for a smooth baritone voice. Interesting accent a plus but not required. I get off on certain audiobook narrators--LOL! And RIP Alan Rickman--you could read me my grocery list and make me weak in the knees....

@seaspot_run Gurl. Alan Rickman's voice..

@Minta79 I know. Amirite?

Teeth, hair eyes broad shoulders

Asses. Red hair.

Yep red hair for me too

@RobLawrence I doubt it will disappear it's quite a strong recessive gene

The voice comes first these days since dating sites. If I can't enjoy listening to his voice in a short conversation....it will not go further. I love a storyteller, a man of intelligence and expressive eyes. I enjoy fitness and a measure of strength not the weight lifter! Scary.
I will visualize being in his arms...is he snugglable and do I like the scent of him. Clean without body spray. I'm not asthmatic but face it...some of those products invade the room. *God I know woman do too much.
When I was young I enjoyed being effortlessly lean...now I embrace working on it.

Females: the back of the neck and the inside of the knee.

Males: latissimus dorsi

The older I get the more I've realized so many different women are so attractive in so many different ways. Having said that I must admit I really like a woman with visible, developed muscle. I also expect a woman to have hips. I know this is my prejudice and it's definetly not a deal-breaker but women with no hips look odd to me. This is all just physical stuff I've been talking about but what I said on my profile is what I want emotionally. Even for the short term I need to at least like the person.

Curves on an unskinny woman --> gorgeous. Broad shoulders on a man --> nice.

For both sexes, eyes, sense of humor, intelligence and empathy.

Females: lips, expressive hands, laughter (love a woman who can belly laugh)

Males: eyes, shoulders, ass, smile

Women - The face
Men - The way they carry themselves

The mind. - Must be free of faith based superstition - to be able to share a mutual appreciation for reality.

A man's strong bum is an attractive feature for me. I like to watch football with the sound turned off for this reason.

@RobLawrence Well, you asked

Smile/eyes they kind of go together for me

Legs! (and a nice smile...)

I notice their voice the most.

Everyone: eyes and smile

Women: hair and legs

Men: shoulders/back (that upside down triangle, though...) and hands

@RobLawrence I don't care about body hair on women. It's the shape of the legs.

@RobLawrence I also don't care if the hair on their head is long or short, just as long as it's soft and shiny.

@RobLawrence Yes it is. Those are my favorite boys, black hair and bright blue eyes. I gotta tell you, as much as I like soft, shiny hair on girls, a bald guy with a soft head is hella hot.

Of course, silky dark skin with big eyes and long eyelashes is hella hot, too. I just like bodies...

Strangely, as a straight man, I'm more comfortable saying what I find attractive in a man. So here it is: toned (but not overly muscular), and super-nice-guy-y. Not sure how to explain that one, kind of a know-it-when-you-see-it. I have my preferences in women, but I always feel uncomfortable about expressing them, even though they aren't exactly unconventional. Not sure why... ?

@RobLawrence I suppose it may be something like that, though I don't believe in a soulmate per se.

I have always heard that Asian women are reared to take care of the man. That sounds good to me. If I am ever single again, I am heading to Asia. I think a pretty mamason would be my perfect next partner. Some look like China dolls.

Grecio Level 7 June 30, 2018

I happen to be a Caucasian male who suffers from "yellow fever". My first great love was a Filipino and I have enjoy affairs with several Asian women.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:119229
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.