Agnostic.com

13 1

How do you feel this January first morning?

lalaland52 5 Jan 1

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

13 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Sober. Second New Year's Day in a row waking up without a hangover. Of course, for me, for many years, a hangover was an every day thing.

So I feel good. I stayed in New Year's Eve, It still feels awkward to me. I've always either gone out and gotten drunk or stayed in and gotten drunk. Going out is not something I want to do. Not because I'm afraid of drinking, but in my sobriety I find myself very impatient with people to have had too much to drink. So I stay home, but then I don't know what to do with myself!

Overall, though, I'm looking forward to a peaceful, productive, and prosperous 2018.

Why does everyone on here seem so "normal"?

very achy breaky

just like any winter morning

I'm sober and went to my first yoga class of 2018. It could be worse.

@ConfusedYogi Noice!

Feeling pretty damn good. I'm 65 years old but feel like a kid skipping school. My arms not hurting. I'm slow moving but I don't care. Wife is watching that stupid show that spouses scream at each other. I hang in the kitchen at the bar. I don't have to work anymore and I get excited when there's a cold rain and realize someone else is out there fixing equipment and it ain't me.....

Retirement is like a permanent holiday. I should feel bad about being a baby-boomer. But I don't!

@El-loco. Why should you feel bad about being a baby boomer. I'm a baby boomer.

Not to go anywhere is my best prize!!!! If I do not have to, I stay and enjoy every minute of it!!!!

@lalaland52 Me also. I never go anywhere on NYE. Too many idiots out there trying to die and take someone with them.

Not hung over. Just doing my morning chores around the house. Adulting sucks.

Duke Level 8 Jan 1, 2018

Cold and sober. Could be worse

Quite good. Though my old Florida house - with little to no insulation - is damn chilly !! But seeing what the rest of the country has to endure - no complaints.

lucid well I feel that way every morning.

Looks like a good day. Sunny and clear here. In a reflective mood. Did wake up for a short while at midnight from all the fireworks. Only agenda item is to play a little banjo (celtic tunes).

After so many New Years, waking up drunk and tired, I was very at peace for a change! smiling

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:11971
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.