Agnostic.com

55 2

What’s the worst or most boring job you’ve ever had?

Lol I won’t deny that when I worked briefly as a greeter was probably one of my most boring.

EmeraldJewel 7 July 1

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

55 comments (51 - 55)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I collected hand hygiene data at the VA hospital. Yes, I stood around and watched for staff to sanitize their hands between patients. They called me the Hallway Nazi.

A few years ago I went to a clinical trial conducted on the top floor of a VA hospital next door to the university I was attending. I almost stepped on a turd on my way onto the elevator. A guy on the elevator warned me that almost everyday some very mentally ill veterans will use the elevators as toilets. After helping out at the clinical trial ( it was some kind of therapy game for brain injury rehabilitation) I asked if I could use the emergency stairwell to get back to the lobby as the elevator was dirty. A guy in the office told me the stairwells weren't safe either but told me an alternative way to another elevator. Turns out that one was out of order! As I have relatives who are veterans I felt sad for the veterans who had to deal with the dirty environment so I talked to an administrator to suggest having someone clean up the elevator. A lady said they were short staffed due to budget cuts but they would find the janitor so they could clean the mess up.

At age 19, my father helped me get a summer job, filing in a large insurance company. My dad owned an independent insurance company.

Filing all day, I was bored out of my mind. The only fun I had was laughing at names:

Harry Knuckle (Poor kid!)

King Thomason, IV

Charlie Legg

Myrtle Tree (the name of a real tree)

I worked one day at a dry cleaners. The hottest most physically draining job I’ve ever had. I grew up in the family restaurant business where I started in the kitchen pealing jumbo onions for onionrings...at the age of 9!!! The dry cleaners was worse than pealing onions!

I drove a taxi in a small town for a year and a half. When I drove I was the only taxi. There weren't any other companies and we only had one car on the street at a time. It never ceased to amaze me at just how many guys couldn't behave their stupid ass for 15 fucking minutes to get across town.

By the time I quit driving the taxi I hated everybody, young, old, black, white, brown, ,don't give a shit, hated them all.

I can't even begin to tell you all the crazy ass shit that happened when I drove the taxi.

Germinating sorghum seed for a major ag seed company.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:120351
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.