Agnostic.com

7 1

Darren Brown miracle faith or fiction... Have u seen it?

Just seen this hilarious and interesting show on Netflix, has anyone seen it and what are your thoughts on it?

poeboi 3 July 2

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

He quoted scriptures then did those amazing things. Also didn't the participants agree to cooperate. Listen carefully. The Bible is " The Word" Glory to God.

Ok, listening. All I hear is the fan on my desktop computer and my cat wanting food.

.No my friend, have you not heard that the bird is the word.

Yes. Derren.

I just watched it at the behest of a friend, and now I wonder why he wanted me to watch it. I thought it was entertaining to a degree, but nothing magical or new. I really freaked out when he started spouting biblical verses...my friend knows I am an atheist, so what is he trying to tell me? uh oh...

I don't have to see it to think it is nonsense. P.T. Barnum said it right.

It's "Derren" and I think he's a great entertainer and a wonderful advert for atheism.

NO, I find Darren annoying. He preselects his participants for ease and removes skeptics and strong critical thinkers from his groups BEFORE he begins.

I havent seen this special in particular but ive seen some of the events where he did that, and if im not mistaken it wasnt for the purposes of ultimately convincing everyone hes real right? hes a skeptic himself and i think he was just showing that you have to remove the skeptics for things like this to work, thus demystifying them and showing that mentalism is a magic trick/hoax that people perpetuate on themselves. i get what you mean about him being pretty smug and annoying but i don't think he ultimately tries to mislead people with his tricks except for the sake of showing how it’s done. sounds like this special is also for the purposes of exposing hoaxsters, at least i hope.

I haven't seen it yet, poeboi. But I enjoy Darren and have seen his clip on explaining how cold-reading is done. Fascinating.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:120550
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.