Agnostic.com

11 6

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

11 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I always ask them "Does your god love all his children or just the straight ones"?

Pope Francis has called for transsexuals and homosexuals to be accepted and embraced by the Catholic Church.

Research of different churches are all over the map. Yet more acceptance of LGBT and same sex marriage has been happening the last two decade's. Worldwide it is becoming more legal to be Gay. Some Religion or SEC's are dead against LGBT like Muslims, Jehovahs, and Mormon's.

Check pew research and Wiki

Have you seen any fact check evidence presented on this thread here, saying most Christians do not accept homosexually.

From when I was a young man homosexually was illegal. People are still in prison for it today. I thought marijuana would be legal before gay marriage in the US. I traveled a hundred countries and many time over to see the writing on the wall.

Be careful where you get your facts, I trust greater my intuitive experiences. I am not gay, just support all kinds of love.

@sassy

That did not coincide with your statement of..
The only churches that embrace the LGBTQ community are the Unitarian Universalist Churches.

The only churches that embrace the LGBTQ community are the Unitarian Universalist Churches. Most 12 step programs are held in these churches as well as Transgender groups. This is all in NH and ME. These are the only states that I have experience as a former owner of a LGBTQ Intro Service. These megachurches are factories that do not respect the above.

[religionnews.com]

Here is a graph showing all religions and their acceptance of the LGBTQ community.

Accounting to your data, most Christians accept homosexually.

I accept Christians, yet think they are more harmful than good. Won't throw the baby out with the dirty bath water.

There is no proof, gays are more harmful. There is always a homosexual member in every family tree. Once most people accept homosexually , the laws in 76 countries will change making homosexually totally legal. Muslims will be the most difficult.

Just supplying data of UU Churches welcoming LGBTQ community.

What a surprise ...

Kind of suspicious isn't it?

Remember that evangelicals helped elect Trump to the tune of 81%.

That I would expect. They are largely evangelical -- the most bigoted and hypocritical.

Acceptance of HOMOSEXUAL members in black CHURCHES has surge of late. The percentage churches accepting LGBT members has risen from 44 percent in 2006 to 62 percent in 2012.

Catholic are a lot more accepting of LGBT too. Pope has cancelled hell . Soon there will be not enough fear to keep Religion glued together.

So what's new ?

thats what i thought

nothing new there then

It's ridiculous, isn't it? But let's not forget that black churches are extremely anti-gay as well.

They are getting better though.
Nerdy, the community (atleast in baltimore, don't really know about anywhere else) has always been pretty hardcore against it so churches being that way wouls not be surprising. Im too lazy/busy to look up data for ya though, tbh.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:12138
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.