Agnostic.com

36 6

Childhood Favorite Toys

What toys were your favorites when you were a child? I loved my Daisy Air Rifle, my Erector Set, my Slinky, my Duncan Yo-Yo, and my AMT model car kits. Also liked my Lincoln Logs and my Davy Crockett coonskin cap (boy, am I dating myself!). 😮

RobLawrence 7 July 5

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

36 comments (26 - 36)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Aurora HO race set

Definitely Lego. I had a lot of different bits, including some of the Moon sets, and was always making spaceships and things. Had a ton of fun with it.

Pad of sketch paper and a pencil

Dirt. It can become almost anything. The rest can be simulated with sticks.

My brother and I were tiny boys, when every time we went to the Dollar General, we would look at the blue metal 9700 Ford tractor and wagon. We wanted them so badly! That Christmas, Mom and Dad (well 'Santa'😉 got us each a big box. After we madly tore off the paper, we lost our minds! We each got the tractor and wagon. We played together in the dirt with those for hours, days etc. Dad still has one of them. <3 I think that may have been the most excited I've been in my whole life. Lol

Being a kid is the most fun experience I have always loved to go back to if I had the power cause I loved being a kid shared most of my friends toy cause wen I was I was not raised with so much care I mostly played with my friends couple of blocks from my house didn’t have a toy of my own lol

Remember the Lincoln Logs my brother had them but we shared. Dolls but I was so Motherly I didn't have the patience to fed them via bottle, I'd pull off their heads and fill them via the sink. 😀

Lincoln Logs were great!

: )

marbles, slingshots, bb guns, cap pistols, homemade bows n arrows, homemade spears,toy soldiers, and mud puddles.

LEGO and k'nex

My books,a set of charcoal and a pad for drawing. My knives for throwing. My marble set. My jump rope. I had a doll once, named Hulda. She was stuffed with straw and got lice. Mom burned her in the peat stove. I did not want anymore dolls after that.

@RobLawrence knife throwing was a very popular game back then . My brother Gerd and I stole paring knives and others from our mother and people's kitchens. We had a gring stone . We ground them down, removed the handles an sharpened the blades. We played games that involved throwing th knives i=at targets, in certain configut=rations at targets, stuff like that. Did you knot play knife throwing games?

Thunderbirds and anything Gerry Anderson, followed by Action Man and finally Subbuteo Table Soccer until music took over

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:123324
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.