Agnostic.com

45 13

How do you get the Jesus/Jehova people off your doorway?

My favorite is to say I am Buddhist. They can argue Bible, but have no idea what to say about this.
Once two guys were at my door and I told them I was Buddhist and one said "Holy cow!". I of course told him, "No, that's Hindu".

Hathacat 9 July 5

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

45 comments (26 - 45)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I tell them I have a question and their eyes light up! Here's the question..."What, EXACTLY gives you the right to disturb my precious privacy with your religious babblings?" They always stand there, dumbfounded, while I slam the door.

@justkip good idea!

Good answer!

I say come on in and let me tell you about how great it is being an atheist

If I’m in a good mood I’ll just tell them I’m not interested otherwise I close the door on them.

I'm a witch. Works every time. I don't have to bother with them any more though, I live in a security building.

YES! *fist bump

@Hathacat It's really kind of amusing to watch the color drain from their earnest little faces.

no thanks. shut the door

I used to...it was more like free entertainment to mess with them just a little. (Hey, I had a somewhat boring life!) Now I live/work in my building so none have come.

Answer the door naked.

I haven't had one show up in years.

I open the door, and say, " Hello, oh, the best place to leave your literature is over there" and while I point to my street side mailbox and they turn their head to look....I gently shut the door.

In 20 years my doorbell has only rang 3 times, twice it was the cops looking for my neighbor the third time it was JW. All three times I answered the door with a pistol in my holster , the cops just asked if I know the neighbors and we talked, the JW just walked away and we didn’t talk. JW allways skip my house now.

I just talk to them until they give up and go away. It's good entertainment for me. Turns out I know their Bible better than they do. They can't answer my questions about all the contradictions in their book.

Just tell them us sup ct already told you you must leave immediately upon resident demand you leave

There are a lot of clever answers here. But the easiest thing to do is call or write to the Kingdom Hall and request that your address be listed as do not call. Someone may come by once a year or so to see if the same person still lives there. But otherwise they should leave you alone.

OHJim Level 5 Dec 20, 2018

This is the first place I have lived where no body has called. Happy about it!

Or a big super soaker water gun.

That would work, I bet!

Sawed off double barrle pisol grip brake action pointed at their head. Usually gets the point across.

I used to be polite until this old woman told me I was gonna go to hell. I told her I wasn't religious after she kept trying to force her pamphlet on me. Since then I tell them firmly that I'm not interested and if they keep going, I shut the door in their face.

Wow, going to hell huh? Such nice people.

I take their leaflet, wish them a nice day, close the door, and then throw their leaflet in the trash.

I have done that.

See but if you take it they keep coming back...

Flame Thrower!

Sorry. Its 95 and humid outside.

How can THEY stand it???

Start talking about the finality of death and ask them if they ever heard of Terror Management Theory. Then start explaining it to them. Then watch them run.

I will have to look that up. I don't know it!

I wait for them to ask me a question or make a statement, and then i expand the question or statement to include spirituality, Judaism, and even agnosticism until i see their eyes glaze over. Often that happens when i start asking them questions outside their dogma. I rarely get return visits unless there's a newbie in town. LLOL. I actually enjoy the challenge of making them think.

Pretty simple to do, get outside their dogma. Fish in the barrel, I tell ya....lol

Sawed off double barrle pisol grip brake action pointed at their head. Usually gets the point across.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:123403
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.