Agnostic.com

8 1

Social Experiment

If you did not have to worry about money. If money were not even a thing. A scenario where we got up everyday to do our job because it needed to be done. However, there was nothing that you did not want for. How would you live your life?
A. Spend the majority of your time meeting the needs of society.
B. Split your time between meeting the needs of society and your desires.
C. Only indulge your own desires, with disregard for society. D. Other...fill in.

Cbabcoco 6 July 5

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

8 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I'm semi retired and not rich, but I do as little as possible.

From my early teens living in the "colony" of Puerto Rico I was introduced not only to the Independence Movement but also to the Comunist Movement. To me only thing wrong with Comunism is the comunists, the wrong comunists... same thing with capitalism... that glorifies Greed... to the expense of the poor. My desires are minimal... I don't mind breaking my back for our community but breaking my back on slavery while carrying the greedy will never be me. That time is Finito, is Over. We have opportunity for the creation of a great society but the need for more will never going to get us anywhere but to our destruction. I don't need my pockets full... what I value never been for sale.

its a tough imagining that you have all that you want in a society that is still in need. Desires are interwoven with people. It might be the same distribution, but more money might change how I do it.

Simply imagine that as soon as that desire manifests it becomes reality.

B, but it would mostly be helping peoples' dogs.. Which in turn would help them to have better dogs. I would love to show children animals and nature as well in hopes they'll have a better appreciation for it all as adults.

I like that.

B. In that I'd probably be surfing the internet 24/7, discussing politics and causes dear to my heart, which is physically bad for me, so I'd have to hire someone to periodically pry me out of cyberspace and make me do something else.

In this reality if you are giving towards society there are no negative consequences.

In this reality if you are giving towards society there are no negative consequences.

B

I do accessibility remodeling for elderly and handicapped, it would be a dream job if I did it based on need and didn't need the money.

Work is love made visible.- Kalhil Gibran

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:123467
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.