Agnostic.com

5 4

LINK DHS & HHS Should Be Investigated for Destroying Immigrant Family Records - CREW

What were they gaining from destroying those records?

Washington— The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) should be investigated for violating the Federal Records Act through the apparent disappearance and destruction of records linking immigrant children to their parents, according to a complaint filed today by Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington (CREW) with the Archivist of the United States. The complaint was also sent to the departments’ respective inspectors general.

This morning, the New York Times reported that “[r]ecords linking children to their parents have disappeared, and in some cases have been destroyed, according to two officials of the Department of Homeland Security, leaving the authorities struggling to identify connections between family members.” In hundreds of cases, Customs and Border Protection agents allegedly deleted the initial records in which parents and children were listed together as a family.

This would be a blatant violation of the Federal Records Act (FRA), which ensures the documentation and preservation of government records.

Lukian 8 July 6

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Can things get worse with our current government? Anything concerning human beings seems at risk of destroyed! I could not follow orders to destroy records for parents and children, period!

Is it time to bring back the guillotine yet?

Deliberately destroying records?
I'm not remotely surprised.
What does surprise me is that they actually kept any records at all.

This "administration" sucks ass. From the top down.
I really hope everyone remembers all this bullshit in November, goes out and votes.

What ele would one expect from Trump-appointed officials? They know that they did wrong, so they destroy the evidence.

I can’t get out of my mind the cost to the taxpayer, to get this straighten out! As somebody stated, money that could have been put to better use!

@Freedompath Trump and his cabal do not care about the costs, and they have no intention of straightening the mess out unless they are forced to.

The only thing I can think of, that would explain their motives, is that they wish to prevent these children and their families from ever reuniting.

Is this to spread a warning to future immigrants? - Don't enter the US or you may lose your children forever.

If that's true then it exposes a shockingly callousness policy which feels no moral qualms about using children to score points.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:124159
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.