Agnostic.com

57 3

So atheist or agnostic men don't shave, huh?

WynnHorton 5 Jan 3

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

57 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I've only recently allowed my facial hair to grow. It feels extremely lazy doing so. I've made fun of my bearded friends for years for keeping their beards. I've grown sick of shaving and I figure I'll go with it until it's annoying. It's been five weeks. The facial hair doesn't hold my beliefs however, my doubt of the true nature of the unknown has been around for fifteen years.
I read the Bible when I was fifteen and realized all the charlatans around town were ignorant. They preach what they can't properly read.
Later I read other religious pieces and came to the conclusion that humans can't be sure of much at all.

Anyway, majority of my acquaintances that have beards are deeply religious. Southern Baptist , Methodist, and a couple Islamics.

Batuo Level 1 Apr 26, 2018

What are you babbling about, and i like beards!

Shave what/where? Need to be specific these days!

Hmmm, I shave, but that is leftover from military life. And a few days without is great for scratching.

That's news to me.

Well I'm a man I naturally grow facial hair so why not let it grow. I keep it trimmed because I work in a hospital and I really hate the duck dynasty look. Plus shaving gives me razor burn and makes my face break out. So I'm just going to do me.

I change my stubble/beard bi-weekly. It's a very polarizing thing, some women LOVE beards some women HATE them, some don't care and some prefer just stubble. So I just try to keep everyone happy... lol

this is how i see it

turf Level 5 Jan 4, 2018

Well I shave in a couple of different places. I shave my face twice a week or so. I like a little bristle.

Alas work deems we shall be clean shaven daily much to my disappointment

OK, there might be some truth in that, almost all the males in my crew are bearded at least most of the time.

And here I thought it was funny that I'm the one guy out of eight in my work group that is clean-shaven.

Bullshit! I even have fun shaving with a little design and structure!!

I don’t see the correlation but maybe I just don’t know a lot of other atheist men

I go through phases.
For a while I will see if this baby face will finally let me grow a full beard or goatee as my mustache never seems to connect.
During my clean shaven phases I make it a ritual with horsehair brush, shaving soap whipped up to a nice lather, and a straight razor. Because if I am gonna shave I am going to be as manly as possible when I do it dammit!

This one does, reluctantly… We’re not all social renegades 😀

Varn Level 8 Jan 3, 2018

Shouldnt we have a common colour too?

I never shave, except every other day

I decided to grow my feeble beard...to celebrate the 34th anniversary of the movie "Flash Gordon". A tribute to Ming The Merciless. "Silly humans. Throwing yourselves out into the void...without an inkling of who or what is out there".

[tenor.com]

Hee hee...

I shave. I'm constantly grooming my facial hair. I like my moustache at 1/8 inch and my beard at 1/4 to 1/2 inch. I keep trimmed and tidy and reshape my hair every other day when I'm shaving. In fact people close to me know something is wrong if I let my hair grow and become unkept and uneven

Yes that is a requirement from the athiest bible.

Where's your Moses now?

Well, I had my goatee the whole time I was a Bible scholar and preacher, so I'm not a reliable sample.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:12519
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.