Agnostic.com

8 5

I don’t get how many Christians are Zionists. Doesn’t their book specify that the Messiah is suppose to return the chosen people to the promised land? Yet, here we are funding these squatters as they bulldoze homes and run over children with tanks. The Torah is not compatible with Zionism. If Christians believe these so-called Jews are god’s chosen people, why don’t they convert to Judaism? Why ride the bench when you can be a starter? Christians think we hate them, but they don’t even like themselves if they elevate another faith above their own.

DominicG79 4 Jan 3

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

8 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

If you tell people that you are not a Zionist and tell them you don't agree that "Israel" was given to the Jew by "God", then you get labelled as Anti-Semitic. And never tell them that Palestinians are Semites, by the old anthropological race break downs, while most Jews are mainly of European descent, so you can understand why the "Arab" population can see Jews as invaders, then it gets worse. There is also the Christian idea of the "End of Days". They believe the Great Temple has to be rebuilt before this happens. Well, some believe that because The Bible says.

"and run over children with tanks" Really ?

Yep, funded by US Tax dollars at that.

I've regularly watched the news concerning the Middle East and the only instance of anything like that was carried out by those IS thugs. That was a young Syrian soldier who was murdered like that.

Hi Dominic. Do you have any Internet address sites that I can check out concerning this. I've tried to do a search myself by typing in "Children run over by IDF tank" and other variations and haven't come up with anything definitely saying that this actually happened. .

Look up Rachel Corrie... an american run over by a zionazi in a weaponized caterpillar bulldozer for protecting some palestinian kids who were in the home behind where she stood. Human shields, picking off kids by snipers, beating up the elderly... these are all things done on a regular basis by the thugs that pretend to be jewish in the stolen land they call israel.

That’s what you get for trusting the Zionist ran media. I’m not sure where you are looking. @Skyfacer

Hi Dominic. I got onto various sites, one of which had the heading "IDF tank runs over children" but when I read the article all it mentioned was children being killed by artillery fire and bullets. No tanks mentioned. Another one detailed an incident where a Jewish settler deliberately ran over several Palestinian youth with his car. Still no tanks. And several other sites which mentioned.IDF violence against Palestinians but no tanks.There was an incident where a IDF personnel troop carrier ran over a child. That wasn't a tank either.

Hi AdHubby. Yes. I know all about that tragic event involving Rachel Corrie. She was in the wrong place at the wrong time and there is a real possibility that the bulldozer driver didn't see her in time although he must have known she was close by and she was in a distinctive orange jump suit.. Good lesson in 'keep well away from moving bulldozers. That's not a child being run over by a IDF tank though.

Hi! So the bible states that Jesus canot (or will not) return until there is a Jewish state. That's the main reason why they support the state of Israel. Of course, the bible also says that all except 144,000 of them will be sent to the fires of hell. oh well...

According to Jewish law, the messiah will not come until the world is at peace... so the zionazis are doing NOTHING to help any coming. That is an evangelical fantasy. Jews are ordered to live in subjugation to other nations (exile) and to work to bring the world to a peaceful state.

Scroll down a couple comments.

There's a bunch of pseudo-christians who believe in a prediction about the end of the world, and they want that to happen because they think they will get all the toys. Anyway, there are a couple of things they believe will contribute to that end, and Zionism is one of the things they look for. That's why Trump wants to move the US Embassy from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem - somebody in his trusted group told him to do it.

Oh hell yes! omg within jewish law the jews cannot return to that land until the messiah comes.While xians might think a messiah has arrived, within judaism, it has not happened. I love (as a former jew) going toe to toe with a zionazi about jewish law, values and morals. 🙂

Thank you for clearing that up.

As a cultural Jew I have drawn fire on this site for opposing the Israeli settlements built on the West Bank. They have no moral right to that land. The history of the region prior to Israel's statehood in 1948 had some Arabs selling land illegally to Israeli settlers. Exodus by Leon Uris covers much of the land grabbing and reselling. So Israel takes back the holy sites which were desecrated after the Seven Day War in 1969? So the land belongs to Arabs and Israelis alike.

The West Bank didn't legally belong to anyone between 1948 and 1967. Jordan's claim was never recognized by anyone. Israel took the West Bank in a defensive war. In any case, most of the settlements are near Jerusalem and would be given to Israel in any peace settlement. I don't trust the PA to govern anything and they have not proven they can be peaceful, productive neighbors.

@Unicorn1824 It's a tough place to begin trying to arrive at a peaceful settlement when both side are constantly lobbing bombs at each other. These people have been killing each other in the middle east since Cain killed Abel and I don't think it's not going to change in our lifetime. It's like every other war. It's about arbitrary borders and which God is right.

It belonged to the Ottoman Empire, then it was under British Mandate. Lawrence of Arabia helped mobilize radical Islam to fight The Turks. @Unicorn1824

@Unicorn1824 the war of 1967 was far from defensive and was also when the zionists attacked a US navy ship in international waters for the purpose of hiding that march and massacre they committed when they executed those egyptians. Nothing about israel is legitimate from Jewish law or international law. When did that messiah come? oh yeah... not yet...

No one ever said they were rational, or particularly good at critical thinking.

Many fundamentalists believe that Armageddon will start in the Israel and want to do everything in their power to hurry it up.

gearl Level 8 Jan 3, 2018

I wonder what they would use as a basis for comparison. I mean, there have been tribes warring over that land for a millennia.

That’s a bit of a stretch. Jews, Christians, and Muslims lived side by side in relative peace prior to 1948. They even banded together under Saladin during The Crusades, another instance of The West meddling with that land. @MuzikDan

They lived in peace... I have a pal from the region... a rather old woman who tells me stories of the building in which she grew up. Three families... one from each faith and they watched each others kids and she grew up playing with all the kids. That myth of the "warring for centuries" keeps those who like to ignore the unrest thinking that the unrest is "normal" there. It is not.

@Ad4hubby and @DominicG79 I wasn't referring to fundamentalists in Israel but to those here in the USA. I was once one of those and they do believe that Armageddon will start in Israel and they would like nothing more than to see it come to pass. Sorry if what I said was misleading. Maybe it's the extra "the" that I should have noticed and edited out.

We were responding to @MuzikDan
@gearl

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:12574
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.