Agnostic.com

20 2

I am going to share something. The biggest reason I joined this site is for dating. I am not here primarily for conversation or anything else. I have Facebook if I am interested in conversations or discussions of any kind. Are most people here for discussions, dating, or both?

MrSkeptic78 4 Jan 4

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

20 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I am an intellectual vampire. I have no original thoughts of my own; my mind is a blank slate. I am here to shamelessly consume your ideas, opinions, experiences, and stories and digest them so that they may nourish me and help me grow. Into a giant scary monster. Who doesn't date.

I am here primarily for the dating. I agree that I have other forums for discussion. Plus it’s really hard to debate when everyone agrees with you.

So not so interested in an echo chamber.
More interested in shared values and meeting people.

Myah Level 6 Jan 4, 2018

How's it working out?

I'm single. I go to Home Depot for tools and hardware, but if I happened to meet someone interesting there I wouldn't refuse to date her just because we met at the wrong place. I come here for the exchange of ideas.

skado Level 9 Jan 4, 2018

whatever happens happens

I came here for dating. I've been enjoying the discussions.

I'm very similar to @evestrat. I found agnostic.com by Googling atheist dating. I did so because there was/is a part of me that wants to go on dates just to enjoy life and be around other non-believers -- not to jump back into a relationship.

So, I signed up and found an oasis of rational humans who like to converse and can do so intelligently! Now, participating in a "community" of like-minded people has taken precedence over the part of me that kinda wants to go on dates.

My mindset is now fairly clear. I'm hear to discuss stuff happening in the world, in each other's communities, families, relationships, etc. I live in the bible belt, 95% of the people I know and work with are conservatives, and in the nine years I've lived here, I've found it very difficult to find anybody who can, for example, name the Speaker of the House.

I'd be open to meeting select local members in real life for casual/platonic meetups - a meal, an activity, etc., but I'm not actively seeking it or hoping for it and I would not even consider a long distance or online relationship. If I were to choose to meet up with a local member in real life, I wouldn't want the pressure of going on a "blind date." Will I like them? Will they like me? Will we have a spark? Pretty much I'm thinking "F& that!" I want to just live, do things and if a spark is NATURALLY there, the two (or more for some people) WILL know it and there won't be any awkwardness around "How do I break it to her that I wouldn't kiss her if she was the last woman on earth?" That's where I'm at anyway.

That said, I don't think any of us can really predetermine what is around the next bend. Sure, we can set our boundaries and have rules for ourselves, but life has a funny way of changing one's course whether one hoped or wished for it or not. My point is is that whether it is you, @MrSkeptic78, me or any other members here, you just never know what can happen and change. Maybe you will decide to participate in conversations here and before you know it, you'll develop online relationships, and next thing you know you blink and the partner of your dreams from agnostic.com is packing up all her belongings because she cannot live another day without being with you every day!

I KNOW that goes waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay beyond your question.

Almost a rant. Feel better? 😛

@bingst It wasn't a rant at all. I tend to be wordy.

@VictoriaNotes haha

@BlueWave I was kidding. 🙂

So weeks later, I come across this and there is a glaring typo! And the edit button is gone for all eternity. Rats!

Eh - we'll keep ya anyway ...

I am looking for a likeable human, AND intelligent conversation, humor, and interchange.

there is a lot of discussion but I think you can make it what you want

I'm here for the conversations.

Definitely joined for the possibility of intimate companionship. The nearest person to me is 147 miles away (and didn’t respond to a friendly greeting). I’ve since returned every day for great conversations and friendly people from around the world.

My mind quickly painted a picture of you living somewhere in the Yukon Territory, snow everywhere, all bundled up, passing by your neighbor's house 147 miles away, pausing to make pleasantries, and getting rejected. Then it occurred to me that you mean the nearest agnostic.com member. 🙂

Isn’t far off though @BlueWave. lol

Here to check out others like myself. I'm not here to date. Long distance relationships are nice if they're only 2 to 3 hours away.

I'm interested in dating, but I want local men, and the reality is I live in a conservative state, the local dating pool is about the size of the intellect of the current US president. So if I can't find the right person at least I can enjoy some scintillating conversations.

Love this comment!!! 🙂

Love/sex begins in the brain...otherwise why not just hire hookers?

I'm not sure that applies to everyone. lol

Yes ,I agree,a cerebral connection is the basis for a long lasting successful relationship

Do they have Groupon?

@Benthoven Try "Living Social"

Both. I am actively seeking interesting conversations and open to the possibility of dating should the opportunity and mutual interest arise.

As I apparently live in the wilderness as far as nearby members go, dating does not seem to be possible so I might as well be here for the community. I do enjoy talking with intelligent un-deluded people for a change.

LOL I know exactly where you are from bc I am also from Alberta, born in Edmonton, now I live on Vancouver Island near Victoria. Your weather is COLD in the winter so I hope you will find someone who enjoys that, I hear there are people who like snowboarding etc,, I'm not one of them, but I hope you find the perfect person. Living on a farm would be awesome, anyone who loves animals would find you to be the perfect person!

I initially joined on a link which was for dating but now that has faded into the background, and I am here because I enjoy the flow of ideas and discussion. Yes I am single, tallish, fairly handsome I guess, enjoy outdoors, but also dining out and am ready to mingle and date (Sydney). I think I will meet someone eventually out of the mix, maybe here, or when I am out and about elsewhere...

I guess I am here now for both. I find that I am more comfortable with many discussion topics here, as opposed to facebook, as I am aware that many of my inner and outer circles on facebook are not ready to handle the truth! That might be different for your circle..

I agree. THis is the place to come for discussion to me. a bit of sense of safety

I suppose I am, too, but what I like about the message board discussions is you can have conversations with other agnostics/atheists and potential dating prospects can get an idea of who you are by following your posts and comments.

I joined for both... but clearly by my nik... for dating 🙂

I'm super happy to have like minded here for chat.

2100 kilometres what more can I say, other than damn

So, you are an atheist heretic? Two points for honesty, one for heresy. (Just pulling your chain). Maybe the discussions will affect you. I'm here for community. Hey, at my age what are you going to do? Hope you enjoy it here anyway.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:12650
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.