Agnostic.com

5 0

Worst song to ever win an award?

I think I'll limit it to 80s and 90s, because after that would have too many responses....

VelociraptorRemy 6 July 10

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Iā€™m sorry to do this but I refuse to have this ear worm alone, click if you darešŸ™‚

I'm pretty sure (without googling) that "Afternoon Delight" by Starland Vocal Band won some kind of award. Grammy maybe? Dammit...now I've given myself an earworm.

If l can't say anything by Taylor Swift I'm out.

I'd vote for "Sweet Leilani", which won the Academy Award for best original film song of 1937, over George and Ira Gershwin's final effort "They Can't Take That Away From Me". George Gershwin had just died, and his final song is a classic part of the Great American Songbook. This is the song that should have won that Oscar:

1989 winner of the Best Metal Performance Grammy award... Jethro Tull for "Crest of a Knave"...

Won over Metallica's And Justice for All album

I know it's not a song (they are both albums), but this is the biggest travesty in music history!!!

Rignor Level 7 July 10, 2018

And Justice for All was a badass album. Haven't heard Jethro Tull to compare but I believe you.

@VelociraptorRemy It was a flute.
A fuqqing flute.
Which is technically made of metal, but nothing heavy about it.

@maturin1919 As a Metallica fan who also grew up listening to Tull, I will concede that Jethro Tull has albums that are better than Metallica's "Load", "Reload", "St. Anger" and the legendarily awful "Lulu" (with Lou Reed).

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:127346
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.