Agnostic.com

5 1

Whatever background we may have came from, one must not believe 2 illusions the world makes us believe. We are not a product of our environment and we are not victims of circumstances. I've been from many sides of the world. Drug addict, alcoholic, rich, poor, engaged, single, business man, labor worker, the list goes on. Now I have to come to a sense of acceptance today, to remain humble and honest in all my endeavors. Put out enough energy and will to achieve what I want. I was raised in a southern Baptist background, once I came to my senses through trials I'm life, my eyes opened.

Cory90 2 Jan 4

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Actually, I think we are a product of our environment, to the extent that the environment forced our evolutionary paths to become what we are today. But I know what you mean.

godef Level 7 Jan 4, 2018

Sounds like there are some similarities in our background. But it seems that we have come to very different philosophical views of the world. I did not create myself. Neither did I recreate myself. Circumstances brought great changes in me and I am grateful for that. But I do not feel superior to those who didn't have the luck that I did.

For example; circumstances caused me to decide to become a preacher. So I read the bible from cover to cover. Had I been born with a little less logically oriented brain, I might still be a Christian.

Once we find our"inner child, discover who we are then we can set goals. The sky is the limit!

We are products of our environment, but we can change. However those early impressions are very lasting, good or bad. Being a victim of circumstances may or may not be true. Life can be overwhelming at times. It is possible to overcome, but it is difficult for many people when the cards are stacked against you.

my experience is to the contrary. environment and circumstance have alot to do with the life we eventually lead. very few people I've met have moved out of their original setting

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:12744
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.