Agnostic.com

7 1

Do you serve a purpose or purposely serve?

• 4 votes
  • 13 votes
#Fun
Jmiles 5 Jan 4

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

The purpose of life is to live a life of purpose.......🙂

profound statement!

And when you no longer feel purpose it is your time and you should be allowed to peacefully let go

comes full circle

BS, the "purpose of life", at base level, is to procreate and them make fertilizer for the next generation. So, have a drink, put your feet up, enjoy the moment. Period. If it makes you happy to serve at the soup kitchen, or whatever, good for you! If you do it because you think you should or, worse, have to, you are frittering away the only life you will ever have. ( aplogies to any reincarnationists out there)

This "purpose" thing can be overblown, but that depends on your world view. Leaning towards existentialism, or even nihilism, we're just a wound up clock with inherently intelligent genetics that reproduce and evolve. It's our biological imperative to reproduce & thrive.

Towards the more esoteric & mystical/new age side, things like value systems that honour the better good are important, and should be part of everyone's life purpose. I.e. service to others.

In the middle, you have Republicans.

I am, period. The only purposes I serve are those of my own choosing, based on the principles in which I believe.

You and me both 🙂

purposefully serve -- the dark lord, that is!

Purpose? I'm just along for the ride (and am loving it!).

Zster Level 8 Jan 4, 2018

sometimes things just are Not everything in life has a reason

I think I just act, though some of my actions have purposes.

I "serve" no one....flunked Butler School, bigly..

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:12794
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.