Agnostic.com

8 4

I'm not against God, I'm not even against the notion of God.

I am against the things people do in his name.

#god
Ray7997 3 Jan 4

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

8 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

That's about how I feel. I'm an agnostic who usually agrees with atheists. That being said it isn't God that makes people do stupid things. People take it upon themselves to do stupid things.

I could say that a cheese grater told me to fly planes into buildings. Should we blame the cheese grater?

Great statement. Fully agree to this.

I actually got this quote from an 1980's tv show

If God created the world then surely, the Devil created religion.

I am not against trump, I am not even against the notion of trump being president. I am against the things people do in the name of trump, including what trump do. Do That Makes That Much Sense To You Too?

Actually yes, because he knows not what he done

Same here. If trump is impeached Pence will use his position to get his Congress to pass legislation making the US a christian country, destroy LGBTQ rights, make abortion illegal and challenge the division of church and state. All in the name of god.

Religion is an insult to human dignity. With or without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.
_Steven Weinberg

gearl Level 8 Jan 4, 2018

Most of the wars ever fought were fought in the name of god or a god. This god stuff causes people to do some really ugly stuff.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:12817
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.