Agnostic.com

29 4

Does it annoy you when people blame the devil for things that may go wrong in life?

Sometime things in life just happen without no cause, but most people can’t seem to understand that and want to blame the boogeyman and say things like,” He’s just trying to get you to stray.” I mean I’ve never let myself allow my imagination to stretch that far to blame an entity for anything. I take responsibility of me and just do the best I can to move passed things that just happens in life.

EmeraldJewel 7 July 12

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

29 comments (26 - 29)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Nah! As Tom Waits says in Heartattack and Vine 'You know there ain't no Devil only God when he's drunk!"

I love that song.

@TristanNuvo Me too. Tom Waits is one of my top boys!

@Geoffrey51 A friend of mine who I made friends with on a blog site years ago will get on line together, and do a bunch of drinking, and listen to a bunch of drinking music. Every time we do, Tom Waits always comes up. Great drinking music.

@TristanNuvo Yay! Wish I could join you but there are no Downtown Trains from here!

@Geoffrey51 I thought might find this funny.

Tom Waits.... one of my long-time poetry beatnik heroes.

@TristanNuvo that is brilliant !

There's no god, and no devil.
Blaming, or crediting, either for anything is asinine.

It allows them to take a pass on being responsible for their actions. I’m not in control, I can’t help it. I say mental institution for them

jab60 Level 6 July 12, 2018

This is all part of the religious mindset. God has imposed rules that must be followed. Satan manifests himself as anything bad. So yes, temptation. It's all part of the sky-daddy fantasy world. It works both ways too. I hate the phrase "I'm only human." Really? What a crock of shit. It's nothing but the abdication of responsibility for your actions.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:128902
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.