Agnostic.com

31 5

Why Post Pics With Your Kids on a Dating Site?

I only look at women's photos, so I have no idea if men do this too, but... it seems really odd to me. (Please note, I'm talking about other dating sites, like Match and Harmony... you know, the "dating" dating sites...)

Why does a person looking to entice other single people (okay, theoretically single people at least) post pictures of themselves and their kids and grandkids on a dating site? What's the message being sent?

Is the subliminal message "I'm a good parent, I'm a stable person, you can trust me not to freak out on you"? Because the message that comes through, intentionally or not, is "I'm looking for a substitute Dad who's going to nurture my kids from Day 1, and if you're not that guy, you're wasting my time, fella!"

I assume that anyone my age has the probability of kids. I mention my daughter in my profile. I don't put her face on a public forum next to mine for random strangers to look at.

Maybe that's what bothers me most... the message that "I don't have the safety consciousness to keep my young kids and/or grandkids' photos out of sight until I at least meet the person I'm interested in and know whether or not he's the Boston Strangler."

Seriously... why the kid pictures?

Paul4747 8 July 12

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

31 comments (26 - 31)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I have pictures of myself with my kids here and you can make whatever you want of it. That is YOUR perception.

I did when I first joined sites because I thought the pic of me with them was a good pic but then thought better not to. I have all adult daughter's and I am very protective of them. There are a lot of creeps on those sites and now I don't. Also it's one thing to out our own on them but do we really have permission to but another person's pic on there. Just a moral thing not to and children should never go on them. Too risky

I totally agree I have a kid and I don't want anybody I don't know to see her.

Yes,i never understood that either. What kind of a message does it send? And they don't worry what kind of person theyre going to attract? The only thing i have my daughters pics up are on facebook,because thats what its for. Ive never used fb to meet someone.

I think it is the subliminal message you reference, but only the "I'm a stable person" part. I was NOT ever looking for someone with young kids (I'm a oldie but goodie) but if you have pics with your older kids I am happy with that. Family is important. Otherwise I agree with you. If I was younger it might hit me differently - I do not have and never wanted kids.

I don't post pictures of my kid on dating sites. Hell I rarely reference gender when discussing the clone. I think it is safety issue when talking to strangers.

@PalacinkyPDX trufax right there. I actually swipe left if a dude has pics of his kids out there for everybody to see.

I completely agree. Even thought its been in many tv shows, and lot of education and awerness in talk show, marketing etc, that child predators do that to sell there kids/ People don't stop posting there kids pictures. Most people who are troubled are always looking for trouble. I have mets guys and they are perfectly normal productive citizen but then the fall for this trap that, women are attracted toward guys who have kids or pets. I disagree. Majority don't like being a parents but they don't mind using there kids picture to boost there ego. I don't like it either when people using kids as prop in there dating profile pictures.

Arshi Level 5 July 12, 2018
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:129016
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.