Agnostic.com

36 2

Has Christianity ruined crosses for you?

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

36 comments (26 - 36)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Cross, noose, electric chair. They're all the same.

Crosses are OK but I detest crucifixes.

Coffeo Level 8 July 16, 2018

Ruined? um, ,

This question does remind me of an attendee at a conference who sat two seats from me during a class (on preventing suicide) I attended last Thursday. He was wearing a huge (about 7" ) "t" on a chain with some chrome plated model of a dead guy nailed to it. I didn't talk to him but I did strike up a conversation with the person who sat between him and myself. I asked her if she remembered "x" (a young women we both knew). I asked her if she knew what was on her suicide note. She did not know there was a note so I (maintaining a loud enough voice to make sure the "t" guy could hear everything) quoted the note "I have killed myself so I can live forever with Jesus and my dead father in heaven." I then concluded that note with, "how in the world can anybody believe in a totally unsupported assertion of a magical sky daddy who killed himself so he can forgive himself? What kind of an irrational person could possibly believe such nonsense." Mt. "t" oblivious smile was greatly diminished. although removing his smug smile was fun, the true story of the young woman who killed herself does motivate me to express a great dislike towards faith (belief without evidence) based belief systems.

No 🙂 x Oh not that cross!

ipdg77 Level 8 July 14, 2018

Well no but I've never been into crosses anyway although they're very important if you run into a vampire

Ruined? As in, i can't look at a cross without cringing, or,...? I can think of few purposes of a cross other than use by christers. I am happy so many of them self-identify.

JacarC Level 8 July 13, 2018

Not at all. Have a couple Celtic ones around the house because the design is cool and the ankh is also a symbol for life.

Wore ankhs when I was a Christian, still wear them now, still get asked if it is a Celtic cross, some peoples are idiots.

mostly ignorant

Don't quote me on this but I recall somewhere discovering that the Celtic cross derived from the Coptic cross which in turn was developed from the ankh. Not sure but the Coptic/Egyptian connection might make some sense

Nope.

Parich Level 4 July 13, 2018

Like the American red cross

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:130045
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.