Agnostic.com

6 5

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

That's a huge site - it appears to consist of at least three rings, plus there are signs of other structures surrounding it too. It'll be very interesting to see what preliminary digs and geophysics surveys discover.

Jnei Level 8 July 14, 2018

Speaking of which, what do you think the purpose of Stonehenge was/is?

"Stonehenge Decoded" by Gerald S. Hawkins is a good place to start if you are really interested 🙂

@SkotlandSkye Thank you for suggestion, will look into it...

There is much about our history that is lost and buried, we need to keep searching our past if we are to reliably chart a way forward. Religion has definitely not helped in this regard, burying the old sites under their new sites. The churches and cathedrals I saw in South America were often built on top of the old Incan temples in a symbolic usurping of one god's power by another newer god.

I agree that a great deal of history has been lost....there were great civilizations about whom we have no real knowledge....

@SkotlandSkye I've visited a few places in South America where there are forbidden archeology relics and it certainly doesn't jive with accepted theories on human history. I suppose tenure for professors would be in jeopardy if they started rewriting history based upon some of these artifacts.

Another fabulous hole in the ground .

Yea! Newgrange has siblings!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:130080
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.