Agnostic.com

16 2

Never played out..

If you had to name the best music album ever recorded, which would you select?

AMGT 8 Jan 5

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

16 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

That’s impossible for me to even guess. I could narrow down to give you maybe the top 200 :/

So many great recordings Time by ELO, The Wall by Pink Floyd, R. Strauss - An Alpine Symphony, (Deutsche Grammophon), Goodbye Yellow Brick Road by Elton John. . . Soundtracks from Terminator 2 judgement day (because of the quality of recording/mix/imagery)

Tower of songs tribute album to Leonard Cohen, anything by concrete blond.

Depends on the time period... Tbh im in love with staind:break the cycle, but i also love the beatles across the universe movie album...as well as led Zeppelin. Any album. Also linkin park... Hybrid theory... Korn uhh the one with adids on it lol slipknot any... And jay z 444. Among a ton of others... There are too many to name and remember but there is always an album that speaks to an individual. I unfortunately have multiple albums that speak to me. Even anime music lol. In a metaphorical sense its all part of the greatest album ever. Life.

If you put me against a wall and said "choose one", then it would probably be "Paradise and lunch" by a Californian guy called Ry Cooder. Then again I don`t play it much now because I have over listened to it. I am more likely to play "Ten new songs by L. Cohen. Maybe "Stormcock" by Roy Harper as it has a great atheist take on sex vs religion "Same old rock". Where he and Jimmy Page (under a pseudonym) recreate an orgasm musically.

Subjectively, Type-o-negative - October Rust is the first that comes to mind. I have not heard anything quite as original and capturing as that album. Objectively, I know there are many great albums in all genres but I find most of them comparable to another and recording quality varies so maybe I have not even heard the best music album ever.

My musical tastes are all over the place, it just depends on my mood.

One band that comes to mind when I think of liking every song on the album is the early Rush efforts.

The sound three guys can make is amazing. Not a lot of their work is studio hocus pocus either.
I saw them twice in the 80's and they were great.

No such thing as best. Favorite, sure, maybe, but best? Music taste is subjective.
By album, I am guessing we are restricted to studio albums; no live albums or best of collections. I love music but honestly don't have one consistent favorite. It changes with my mood. Subjective, remember?
Maybe Fleetwood Mac's Rumours,
Or U2's Joshua Tree,
Or Led Zeppelin II,
Or PAUL Simon's Graceland,
Or Sting's Nothing Like the Sun,
Or (I know, too new to be classic) Kelly Clarkson's Piece By Piece.
Right now I am really digging Josh Groban's Stages.
You might say my taste is eclectic. But these are all albums where I pretty much love every song on the album, as opposed to there just being a few standout pieces.

Marvin Gaye wjats going on L.P. was ahead of its time.

I can't pick one. I also have trouble choosing from a menu.

Honestly, I don't think there has been anything since the 70's or 80's where you can buy an album for just one song and then play the rest of the album and fall in love with every other song on it.

Duke Level 8 Jan 6, 2018

My grandmother once said something to me which I have seen to become true... it depends on what music you grew up loving. The first real music I came to fall in love with was Heavy Metal as I was growing up and figuring out who I was. I now listen to much different music (dubstep, electrohouse, for example), but when I hear the stuff of my youth (like songs by Fear Factory, In Flames, Soilwork, etc), I can't help but get caught up and smile because the music resonates within me. I remember so many times I bought a cd for one song, and fell in love with every single song... that is definitely not the case with me now, but it was when I was discovering that music and those bands. Everyone has a different spin on it and different tastes. That's what makes it beautiful 🙂

@Tantarium I think, for me, it's not the type of music itself. It's the automation involved now. Even I cheat when recording. If you can't create a sound naturally, you do it electronically. Which is very cool. You can get the sound you want. But, sometimes, I miss the flaws that really show the effort it took to get it as good as possible by just natural ability.

@AMGT I stand corrected.I do believe it's an exception to the rule. There are still a few of them but, not as many as there used to be.

Reroute to Remain by In Flames or Stabbing the Drama by Soilwork

Sergeant Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band. Just a phenomenal effort from four guys experimenting with massive amounts overdubs and ping-ponging tracks back and forth on a four-track recording machine.

Duke Level 8 Jan 6, 2018

Check out "Sergeant peppers lonely hearts dub band" by the Easy dub all stars (Also dub side of the moon)

It would be The Moody Blues, Nights in White Satin. Absolutely the best song for setting the mood with a gf or wife and slow dancing to thoughts or passion

I've never really followed music by the album, but I was always rather fond of the songs on "(What's the Story) Morning Glory" by Oasis.

All the Beatles Albums are unmatched works of art

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:13056
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.