Agnostic.com

8 1

How do you make sense of this?

In 08' I was in a motorcycle accident that resulted in a 102 day coma. I had two dreams?, the first was a premonition of my stepson getting a job that I had no idea about and it was true. The second I met John the baptist and he led me into a very Rowdy medieval style Tavern through a wooden door in the back into a tunnel. The tunnel kept getting smaller and and then all of a sudden we were on a road walking through what looked like an orchard.

I omitted a lot of detail but that's it basically.  

I dove deep into studying , I studied with several religions for 4 years solid.
I never believed in any of it and I don't know what I was looking for but I did learn a lot of things and it was pretty interesting and it has definitely armed me to do battle against faux Christians and all sorts of other religious zealots... But really why the hell did I imagine John the Baptist? I was raised Roman Catholic but I was out of the church by 9 years old and completely away from the religion by 10.

Solar1 5 July 15

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

8 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

You had 9 years of catholic brainwashing and your mind reverted to what you were forced to believe. As for your stepson, you may have picked up on a conversation that was happening around you and your brain just tried to "package" the info into something that made sense.

How do you knew it was that baptist? Or that john? Those apostles look alike to me so even water boy john will be like... another one of them lookalike. And if the baptist was not one of the apostles... does it matter to your story? Or my view of your story? I dreamed once of jesus and me in a watering hole... beer on hand and everything but his image was like 2D, very paperlike 2D... first thing out of his mouth was... Not what you expected uh? I will like to believe in a 102 days coma I will have a large amount of Epic Dreams. I will have my son fo read your story, I want him to sell his bike. A Beautiful Victory, but still a bike. But congratulations for making it back. Stay Safe and Healthy.

@Solar1 I love dreams like that... the one I had with jesus... he did asked me "how you like of what I did with the number 6?". I think dream was a friday and monday the number 6 became very relevant to me... I don't freaking remember why but It did trip me out at the time. Funny thing was the dream was in 3d and in color and jesus was on 2d and magenta toned. But now that I am away from DC, the dreams about escaping a building or facility will end. And that's cool with me... just had last night my first dream with the Strip. Keep us posted. Great Dreams are always Awesome!!!

Your John the Baptist dream sounds like something out of Lord of the Rings ... are you sure you didn't meet Aragorn?

@Solar1 My lame attempt at humor was meant only to say that I don't give credence to the dreams we have. I apologize ... and I don't do Facebook!

John the Baptist is quite a significant spiritual figure, I’m sure you will be able to find articles on his symbolic meaning. The tunnel could be symbolic of a rebirth, with John as your guide, intended to baptise you into a new spiritual life, the orchard. It’s quite a beautiful dream if you look at it that way, and I’m not surprised it set you off studying with religious traditions.

Denker Level 7 July 18, 2018

@Solar1 I can sympathise, I had a similar mind-blowing experience about 7 years ago which eventually led me to Buddhism. Luckily that’s compatible with atheism 🙂

Because the brain is the ultimate Virtual Reality Device and can create any scenario whether it makes sense or not.

Why did I dream that I showed up at work with my shirt inside out? I was raised to wear my shirt the proper way.

Sounds like some pretty profound dreams/thoughts going through your sub-conscious. I would first question about the stepson dream. Is it possible that someone told you of this while you were in coma? I have repeatedly heard the theory that in comas people still can hear what is going on about them.

opinion on the second aspect: Maybe the mind was looking for its way out of the coma and John was a manifestation of someone you respected as a leader, sometime in your past. The tunnel could represent the coma and your minds inability to escape it. maybe at the same time you were suffering an additional physical ailment that your body had to struggle through and the Orchard represents that you had made it through it.

That's my thinking as simple as it might be.

@Storybook thanks

@Solar1 quite interesting for sure. So despite the negative of being hospitalized and all you came out with some new abilities.

I am not one to dismiss the possibility of ESPs etc. There have been times in my life that I can point to that could be attributed to such phenomena. So Maybe?

Hope you use your new powers for good not evil. Lol

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:131264
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.