Agnostic.com

4 2

LINK Justice Department Reopens Investigation Into 1955 Lynching Of Emmett Till : NPR

So who will benefit from this? Why shouldn't energy be put to letting those in prisions out?

Humanlove 7 July 15

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

It is largely symbolic by now. All the people who killed Emmett Till are long dead. But the Justice Department hopes, I would think, to prove that all the bigoted stuff they do in one part of their operations (e.g., migrant kids in jails, prosecution of people for simple marijuana possession) are suddenly offset by this attempt to find "justice." Probably the head of the KKK gave Jeff Sessions permission to finally reopen the investigation.

The trump administration is not going to let anyone innocent out of prison. This investigation was reopened because the main witness has come forward saying she lied. Evidence was wrong and reason different than given. At least that is what I remember hearing.

And how will that be beneficial to the victims?

@0752532706 I do not think that is the point.

Post Civil War up through the 1950s there was an average of a little more than one black person per week lynched in the USA. It was a campaign of domestic terrorism perpetrated by white folks and aimed at black folks. This country has a lot to answer for.

I think it's still happening....

@0752532706 There will be no justice in the US until each and every one of us treats others better than we treat ourselves. Until every one of us is important to all of us.

The arc of history is slow but it bends towards justice. No justice no peace. We are still in the midst of the Reconstruction era which was crushed after the Civil War. Keep your eyes on the prize & pay it forward. Remember in November. He could not vote, but you can!

I don't vote.

@0752532706 Perhaps you are not a citizen yet. But you do offer your support fot the cause of justice in your own way. Parades!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:131306
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.