Agnostic.com

14 2

Bestfriend Loyalty

If you confide your most personal secret to your bestfriend, should they keep it even from their own spouse? This secret effects everyone, including the spouses.

Mystical 4 July 15

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

14 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

If you told someone something in confide confidence (unless it's a crime like murder or rape), your friend should keep it to themselves

I try not to but anyone in a position of keeping secrets.

If you couldn't keep it to yourself, how can you expect anyone else to!

Yes, but if it's something that important that I don't want anyone else knowing, then I wouldn't tell my best friend.

Confidentiality is a must, even with acquaintances. If it is for you only, it means just that.

If the confidentiality were given in strict confidence, then it should remain in the strictest confidence.

I wouldn't dump that on a best friend.

I work from the basis that a friend will help you move, a good/best friend will help you move a body 🙂

ipdg77 Level 8 July 15, 2018

I don't expect loyalty from anyone but only to myself!

depending on how crazy the implications of this secret, if it affects everyone in both couples I wouldnt tell my best friend unless I was positive they had sufficient intrinsic motive to keep the secret for themselves. Or unless I wanted it to get out for sure but not be responsible for it directly lol.

I just figure that they’re going to tell their spouse.

These are all such great responses!

I think you want your friend to tell her spouse.

If you confide your most personal secret to anyone, you should expect that eventually it will become known.

If it effects everyone, and you don't want anyone to know, keep it to yourself.

This is probably best

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:131447
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.