Agnostic.com

12 8

I resigned Match.com because it has collapsed into >nothing< more than a bot farm. Virtually every Like, Wink, Fave, and Message was from a bot. No human member can withstand the storm of manipulation (info gathering, seeking money) via fake profiles. Bots thrive on free membership. Match.com could fix this; a trivial exercise in database coding or simply charging $5 for the 1st month; but they won't. So - and this is a critical question - has anyone seen fake profiles or bot behavior here on A.com?

fit-in-Spring-TX 5 Jan 6

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

12 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Just had a scammer today-we've only had a few not like the twenty a day on Match.com or its sister company Our Time.

I had a same experience.... with all different dating sites, but here looks like Are genuine people.

I’ve been suspicious of a few. Ultimately, look out for lower levels with minimal posts/pics, odd English phrasing (pronoun use and Yoda type sentences). The final test of proof is requesting the person being able to send a pic/video of your name being said or on a piece of paper being held by them. When they blame you for not trusting them, they are so offended even though in the beginning of converstions it’s already been stated about trust level and it appears that if they react offended they are gambling that you are a softy and will back down. I will give them my perspective and not back down, but it’s usually goodbye at that point. This has happened on this site to me, and somehow now their profile has been removed.

I don't think I have seen bot behavior. I did get a personal message from someone that claimed to be a health worker in Syria and pretty much demanded I communicate with them on a different site since Admin could see what we would say. when I said that didnt bother me they disappeared, deleted their account

I think that person trolled just about everyone. It was creepy. There was a hard sell to meet off-site. A couple of us reported it and Admin made them disappear. Poof!

@EllenDale good for you. I thought about it but I didnt want to look totally like a cry baby.Yeah that hard sell to meet off site was weird

I haven't seen it here, but match.com? That's all it is!

I touched a nerve. Here's a cogent essay on Match.com bots, originally published on LinkedIn. Some of the details are a bit dated after just a few months. This demos the analogy to an arms race. The bots get more sophisticated and all social sites must adapt or perish: [bit.parts]

I just dropped Match for the same reason.

I didn't even know that was a thing!

there all crap

Tinder is full of fake profiles, so annoying. Once in the blue moon I connect with a real person, but I have pretty much given it away.

So far, I've not found a single (no pun intended) fake account on here. Apparently only true heathens will sign on for an account. The fear of Hellfire and brimstone keeps out the rest.

Rock on, you godless heathens! I love every single some of you.

Duke Level 8 Jan 7, 2018

Lookout! There is a robot devil!

@Benmonk LOL!

We've found a few fake accounts here but it appears to be a tiny fraction of the signups. We hope that the leveling system here will vet members without the need for a $ verification system.

Admin Level 9 Jan 7, 2018

Thank You for looking out for us. Much Appreciate.

@Admin: Thank you endlessly! A.com is almost too good to be true. But...what is a "leveling system"? A.com is free, the perfect petri dish for bots to breed on. What prevents this (with the understanding that your methods may be proprietary)?

Couldn't ask for more. Thank you. 🙂

@ScienceBiker how do you recognize a fake account?

@ScienceBiker thanks. I havent seen a lot of those but I might buy the ballcream

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:13340
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.