Agnostic.com

22 3

Confort or challenges?

What is more desirable? The condition of confort or continue challenges? I really love the challenges even if they come with more fear attached. Sometimes when I'm in a more stressful situation I ask myself : " who is the one that have chose to be into situation?" After that I calm myself when I remember that's my choice only. I want my heart can beat faster and to feel I'm alive 🙂)
What about you? What choose you often?

Sensiwoman7 6 July 17

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

22 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I'm on the back-40 of life. I've always faced the challenges.
I think I've earned the right to choose comfort now.
Well, whether anyone thinks I've "earned" it or not, I'm choosing comfort now.

That's sounds good! There is a idea that say : " when the man don't grow anymore, he begin to decline". What is your opinion?

@Sensiwoman7 "Growth" can take many forms, and is wholly subjective. If someone chooses, at any point, to stop growing, stagnation can set in. I don't recommend it, but to each their own. I'm only responsible for myself, and I'm not going to judge anyone else.

I'm into comfortable challenges.

That's interesting!

@Sensiwoman7 One of the things l am into is power lounging. Quite the challange, and comfortable at the same time. ☺

I like comfort. Challenges seem to have their own way of seeking me out.

We grow by confronting challenges. There comes a time when we have grown enough and are content just to be.

I can see that time approaching.

Strabo Level 6 July 18, 2018

I’ve got too many challenges, comfort would be nice on occasion

That's very good! However take a break sometimes 😉

I get bored very quickly without challenge, and oddly I find challenge comfortable.

Comfort and comfortable challenges. I have no use for the push-push-push mindset in my daily life. I do what I value and what I enjoy — generally calm, quiet, solitary activity — and although that sometimes takes me outside of my comfort zone, I'm typically content to let others run the rat race.

I accept both equally. Just when I am getting comfortable, I expect life to push the eject button. I have been to some great places and met people that changed my life. At the same time, it's nice to have a chance to recharge. Would I change the mountain road I have been following? Absolutely not!

I'd take comfort simply because even getting comfortable is a challenge for me now

Challenging yourself and going out of your comfort zone is good for personal growth and satisfaction but I think it depends on what kind of challenges you are talking about.

I think you have to be somewhat safe and comfortable to enjoy challenges. People with real challenges in life often don't find them so amusing.

MsAl Level 8 July 18, 2018

Of course, they aren't amusing! Sometimes we make fun when it's hard for us..

I am Retired! Change on My Priorities.

I'm with ya Gipsy.

I don't mind the challenge, it helps me respect and appreciate the comfort.

I welcome a good challenge but too much and it might do more harm than good.

Balance, always balance if possible although IMO the best growth happens when life isn't exciting

I think that people often over-challenge themselves. "Challenge" to a lot of people is partly a normative term (due to sheer stupidity. Let's be frank, language is rarely normative.)

So because people think of challenge as something painful, they set too high of a bar for themselves, and put themselves out of commission until they recover, in which case they will learn their lesson if they have the sense to, or they just keep repeating it.

Now, how do I take challenges? I think for most of my life, I over-challenged myself, and then ended up under-challenging myself out of not understanding "challenge". It's a curse, I tell you.

Gotta have a good mix of both I think or life is miserable and monotonous. No problem finding challenges but Id sell my soul for some comfort to add to the mix right now, if I hadnt already sold it 2-3 times. The devil and his demons are terrible bookkeepers.

Did you sold your soul?

@Sensiwoman7 Yeah, and all I got for it was this lousy t-shirt! Can you believe that? (hint: you shouldn’t. Satan doesnt exist. Trust me, Ive tried to get a good crossroads bargain goin many times. If hes around he aint interested.)

Comfort is my choice. I love adventure but even my adventure has to have a level of comfort.

Liz Level 4 July 18, 2018

The challenge most of the time. Sometimes, we rest. That is training all its own.

That quality you have described is a huge turn on - almost to the point of fetish for me.

I like a little more challenge than comfort.

I prefer challenges. Sure I would rather not be injured but there are many different types of challenges. There are disabled people who face challenges every day of their life. There are mental challenges. Comfort, being wrapped in a nice soft blanket is great for sleeping but to live fully we do need challenges.

A balance is required for me. Can't go continually felt pelt into challenge after challenge, but also to sit back and let life roll lies the road to apathy and non-existance. I've got a few avatars when faced with a challenge that is a bit out of my comfort zone and think, "what would x do?"

I assume you meant comfort vs. confort.

I was hoping there was a Southern Comfort Challenge

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:133490
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.