Agnostic.com

7 2

What does celibacy really mean?

I heard some people say they were celibate. They were waiting for there wedding night.
Any comments about their self inflicted torture?

BucketlistBob 8 Jan 7

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Before marriage I think its a mistake-don't know if you're sexually compatible. Some adults endure celibacy willingly or because they don't have a partner in time

Very true... sad though. Everybody needs a special friend.

To me personally it means that I haven't met a decent woman that I want to have sex with and still want her to stick around. Lol. All the ones that I am attracted to so far are too religious, cannot think for themselves. All the ones that I want to keep around already have a mate. I am no longer in my twenties and playing the field, so I am saving myself for someone that can stimulate my mind as well as my libido.

We have an arts entertainment in our town. I've dated a couple of ladies that attended these functions. I didn't make enough money for them. I knew it. It was nice but it was a mask.

The celibacy rule in the the Catholic church is likely the biggest cause of there being so much sexual abuse in the priesthood. Expecting celibacy is not natural, except for a very few people who are asexual naturally.
"Saving" yourself for marriage is another matter, but it, too, is ignorant. You've got to give yourself a chance, not only to learn about yourself sexually, but to find out if you are sexually compatible with this person you plan to commit to for the rest of your life. (...says the gay dude who was married to a woman for 25 years!) 😛

Sounds right. My deer hunter buddy. A man among men. His wife found out she liked females. It floored him.

It’s not something I would agree to, but that’s me. Care in selecting a sexual partner is important, and if you’re young, you should wait until you’re emotionally mature, but refusing to have sex is until wedlock is refusing to acknowledge a fundamental need.

Yes!

I find it strange to think celibacy seems viable to others. To find you're compatibility with a partner, many factors would seem important. Personality, views, philosophies, personal attraction, and equally as important, sexual compatibility, are things to consider before marriage. To me, understanding what displays of affection please you and what sexual preferences connect you to your partner is extremely important.

Yeah.... that was me.... and that didn't really work out so well... so if anybody wants to delve into the mind of a former celibate, I'm ok with giving interviews. lol

Yeah that's rough... sorry about your divorce. It was cool that you spoke up about. My ex-wife was suppose to be very religous and her group of ladies based their business on spiritual principles. I caught her one day telling a client to just buy the package and you will have it sold and the money put back before your husband finds out. I had clients trying to bring the product back and she wouldn't take it. I put my foot down on her houston meetings and that was it for us. Come to find out that being divorced was a badge of honor for those sells ladies.

Hello Mr. Hand!
No it's part of religious indoctrination that is sex-phobic

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:13392
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.