Agnostic.com

9 5

American Gods: This novel is a big metaphor and great example of the gods we create. If you haven't read this book, by Neil Gaiman, I highly recommend it. It is very dark and very humorous, in some very dark ways. Bonus: It includes Lucy's tits.

By MrLizard8
Actions Follow Post Like

Post a comment Add Source Add Photo

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

9 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Thank you for the suggestion!

SLCgirl Level 4 Jan 11, 2018

I've watched the series and I love it, but I have not read the book.

Daedalus Level 4 Jan 8, 2018

From what I gathered, they've added more to the series. But I hear it's still good.

Lucy from Charlie Brown? Or Lucy from I Love Lucy?

I Love Lucy

One of my all time favorite books.

Read it. I'm torn. I think it is OK, but maybe a little overrated.

Axelsan Level 4 Jan 7, 2018

You're allowed to feel that way.

Great book, but that is true of all of Gaiman. Also a TV series now. I haven't seen it so don't know how true to form it is... Anyone else see it yet?

I have not. Don't have Starz. Will probably buy it when it's over and done with - on DVD.

He's my daughter's favorite author.

kiramea Level 7 Jan 7, 2018

I just put a hold on it at my library.

Agreed, great book. Most of his stuff is well worth reading.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text 'q:13494'.
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content read full disclaimer.
  • Agnostic.com is a non-profit community for atheists, agnostics, humanists, freethinkers, skeptics and others!