Agnostic.com

11 5

If we all met together in the real world, what would happen?

Imagine our Admin was a billionaire and treated us all to a conference location. Would we all get along swimmingly? Would we fall into groups, fall out and argue? Would we have rousing discussions and debates. Or would it be a flop and we'd be no more united than religionists are? (And where would you like our billionaire Admin to host us? My choice? LA. Some places I want to visit)

David1955 8 Jan 8

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

11 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Interesting responses. I think it would very interesting, but I was wondering if you could all be trusted to behave at night. You would behave at night, wouldn't you? 🙂. @PeppermintDreads - you could only bring your dogs if they're atheist dogs. My favourite comment goes to @Varn - that we'd bicker but at a higher level. That's kind of how it is here.

Foooooooood fiiiiiiiiight!!!

I think that overwhelmingly that we could get along for a weekend conference. Most of us would be on our best behavior not wanting to spoil the experience.

gearl Level 8 Jan 8, 2018

all of the above 😀

We’d need to stay focused… You know.. ..there is an annual Atheist Convention… Of which I’ve never attended 😟 Honestly, I’d not likely fly across the continent just to meet ‘us,’ either.

Now I’d thought you were headed in another direction with this.. that of establishing a compound, or taking over part of some state, or, like the mormons, a state itself! Let’s purchase one of Hawaii’s islands 😀 Or if funds are few, we could build underground communities in North Dakota. Or better yet - get the hell out of the US!

Yah, we’d bicker, if on a higher level 🙂

Varn Level 8 Jan 8, 2018

Maybe a combination. You have your socially awkward penguins, extroverts enjoying the attention, intellectuals looking for some debate or friendly conversation. Since the event coordinator in this hypothetical scenario is a billionaire I imagine the activities and food would be pretty awesome. That goes a long way to making the whole thing way better. Me, I'd be going right for the activities and making friends with the people who are having a good time like me ^_^

I dunno. Start our own country.

American Atheists National Convention - Easter Weekend - Oklahoma City. From a previous thread, looks like there will be several of us there.

I have thought of that possibility and have mixed feelings. We would have to pay something but it might be worthwhile. See my reply to IndySent

Well I'm pretty sure that Pat Robinson thinks we'd all have a huge unprotected orgy and then meet up together 25 weeks later to abort any babies made during said orgy. Then we'd do it again just because. Maybe we'd even have a barbeque and sacrifice some goats to Satan because we are all just crazed cultists.

I know I'm not the only vegetarian here, so I'll bring some oats as an alternative sacrifice,

@Jnei I make a pretty good bbq eggplant filet

@Jnei How do you sacrifice an oat exactly?

Feed it to a goat. It's just as divine as anything else is.

@El-loco Tie it to an inverted pentagram and stab it through the heart with a silver dagger, I imagine.

Anything but a flop like everywhere else the Alphas will take over, there will be animal attraction vibrations and some will get in heat at the unique golden opportunity... some will be disappointed... others will cry with joy. The nearest church will start shaking. There will be a "murder mystery" for fun and games. I will be annoying the DJ with my unique music and looking out for the dancers. There will be some complaining that didn't have a chance to get in shape for the occasion. And our host will realize that "We Are Going To Need A Bigger Venue". And god will feel a rift in his lie as we mingle and live it up as religious zealots will protest outside and yes some will change to our side. And my man on the mirror remind me that the End of Festivities Orgy will get the devil worried. An epic unpatriotic act as trump will call it.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:13587
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.