Agnostic.com

13 1

Elizabeth Warren & Oprah Winfrey 2020 ticket?

Democrats only hope?

atheist 8 Jan 8

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

13 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I do not think Oprah has the right background. However, she is more aware of issues than Trump, and unlike Trump, she did not inherit a business worth millions, but is actually is a self made person.

@atheist I think it is doubtful that Oprah would actually run for office. However my sister pointed out to me a point I missed, which is that Oprah, unlike Trump is willing to learn and is very adept at learning, which would be a MAJOR improvement over Trump who thinks he already knows all he needs to.

@atheist No she isn't. Although early in her career, in some interviews she seemed at times to be naive in some things, she has made an effort to learn more and never stopped learning, and as her career progressed yiu see her appearing more and more informed and knowledgeable.

I have to admit though, that I'd be really laughing if a black woman who was born into poverty fixed the problems the white business man who was born into wealth left behind. (Unfortunately, I don't think we have seen the worst Trump Trump disasters yet)

I think we've had enough with elected officials who have no idea what they are doing. No more entertainment business people for president. It doesn't work. The first was bad the second is horrible. I like Oprah, but she's a tad flaky and has no background to deal with government. It's not entertainment, it is the very opposite of entertainment. Elizabeth Warren yes, but oh god no to Oprah.

I can think of a lot worse tickets. I would support the combination.

I've seen some legitimate polls putting Bernie Sanders as the most popular politician. I'm sticking with him. If he doesn't run, take Warren in a heartbeat.

Me, too - said with enthusiasm! In fact, I'd love a Sanders/Warren ticket.

I love Bernie, I'd vote for him and who ever ran with him. I will work for his campaign again as well.

Oprah should lead the ticket. Rather see someone younger as VP on ticket.

While I am not too thrilled about the idea of more TV celebrities running for the highest post in the country, one has to wonder if our nation has changed to the extent that we must seriously consider it. At least with Oprah, we are talking about a decent human being.

I'm still floored by the fact that Trump, a pathetic excuse for a human, actually won. Maybe we have to fight fire with fire.

ooooh nice idea! Try tweeting that and tagging them 😉 We might have some smart women in office and boy would that be lovely!

Corey booker or go home

Elizabeth has my vote...as magnificent as Oprah was last night is not going to happen...Enough celebrities....

This fascination with celebrity is what got us into this mess. What makes Oprah Winfrey qualified, other than a billionaire and a TV star? Who's next?
A Kardashian?

OMG, that would be a disaster. I still haven't figured out who the Kardashians are, why they are famous or infamous, and why I should care about them. It has been explained more than once, but I just don't care so I just can't remember. They are plastic people, not real and not worth my time.

@HippieChick58 they are that modern phenom, famous for being famous. Seems like Paris Hilton was the start of this. But now, people who have never even been elected county dog catcher can use their money and fame for top offices. Jeez, what do we look like to the rest of the world?

@Benmonk and, someone mentioned that "The Rock", former wrestler and movie star was also considering a run. We are literally one misguided election away from Dwayne Elizondo Mountain Dew Herbert Camacho (President, former wrestler in "Idiocracy"!

Congressman Joe Kennedy III anyone? It would be great if Elizabeth Warren would run, but I don't think she wants to.

No More Celebrities!!! I will take my chances on a career civil servant that happened to be a politician too. Now having said that. I will stay firmed in my requirement of having served in a Military branch... No DD-214... Not getting my vote. My vote... my requirement. That's just to get the foot in the door of my possibilities. No More Celebrities!!!

Warren? Maybe.
Oprah? Oh hell no!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:13634
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.