Agnostic.com

10 5

As an atheist, I am angry that we live in a society in which the plain truth cannot be spoken without offending 90% of the population.

Sam Harris.

Good morning all 🙂 I hope you had a wonderful weekend!

Knitfreak 7 Jan 8

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

10 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I agree with Sam Harris on this. Seems like everybody is so easily offended these days and not just the religious. Generation snowflake never heard of 'sticks and stones'.

I have no problem with religious people I respect their beliefs and I keep my distance I try never to talk about being agnostic and avoid the subject totally so I never get into conflicts. Life is good.

dc65 Level 7 Jan 8, 2018

Sam is wrong 25 % is speaking out now as we must to shame violent religionists out of faux protections. ...fundamentalists that abuse women and their own gay children KKK xian racist terrorism zionists terrorizing defenseless Palestinians people hiding behind faith to sexually mutilate baby boys and muslim girls HINDU and other religious violence must all be repudiated equal to cannibals and Nazis

Sam's stretching it.

gearl Level 8 Jan 8, 2018

Think it depends on your style of speaking-tone and inflection of words.

I don't think it is 90% of the population. It seems like 90% because they are loud and whiny. I know the numbers of atheist/agnostic in the US is growing. Statistics tell us that AND back in the day when I was actively involved with the church one of our concerns was bringing the young people back to church.Those young people are moving away from the church in greater numbers now. Things are changing, but not fast enough for some, and too fast for others.

Perhaps the plain truth is so buried in jargon, newspeak, doublespeak etc etc etc and plain language is the enemy of the corrupt. Winston Churchill once accused someone of being guilty of a "terminological inexactitude." A long winded way of calling someone a liar.Then some might retort you should be diplomatic. Looking at the original meaning of that word it is clear that is was somebody who went abroad to "lie" in wait for his country.

Don't be angry. Let the offended be angry.

I agree it is pitiful. Have heard of people discriminating against non-believers and doubters seem that hate of realism runs deep.

Welcome aboard

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:13635
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.