Agnostic.com

14 2

Should you ask first before you decide you want to follow someone?

I was picking people I thought had good advice. One of them ask me why I was following them? That made me think for a moment. Maybe I should ask them first. They may not want me to follow them.

• 2 votes
  • 36 votes
BucketlistBob 8 Jan 8

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

14 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I do not think it is necessary .

I have several following me. I consider it a compliment.

I've got 26 people following me-no one asked -its okay

I follow a few people, but I still don’t know what it does. I thought I would have a button that said people you are following, or comments from people you’re following. If anybody knows, I would be interested.

You receive a notice that states the person your following has made a post. The whole idea is to be aware of this person's post.

Been having that question in my mind since Dec 2nd of 2017... we us old folks belong to the 20th century. Thank You for your post and poll. By the way could be Flattering and maybe the Best Compliment.

No it’s a compliment

follow them

If people are interested in the ideas of a particular person and reading what they write, then they should just click to follow them.

You don't ask writers if it is OK to read work they have put out there for people to read.. If they want what they write to be personal or private they can message one person in particular, instead of publicly post it.

Wow. Not to be insulting, but that person must not internet much. Maybe they were just curious?

I follow anything that looks interesting. Then I creep profiles for more information. Sometimes I reply to other posts I find that way. If anyone has a problem with that they should not be on a message board.

I'm not here for dating, though, so that removes a significant stream of assumptions and implications.

I think you should just follow them! Some people might not fully understand what following means and they might see it as stalkerish but if they ask just explain what the follow button does. I've had several people follow me and I find it quite flattering since I am a dumbass. Lol!

lol

I don't see following someone on this site can be compared to stalking them.

Perhaps the person who asked you not to follow him or her is an autonomous individual and does not want a follower(s)? Who knows? I would not dwell on it.......🙂

so far I havent asked. It is a public site and they can block you if they think it is too much. When I first came on board I followed people to try to learn more about the site. It doesnt seem the same as stalking.

I've participated on numerous social sites for years. No one ever asks first, that I've experienced.

Zster Level 8 Jan 8, 2018
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:13671
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.