Agnostic.com

7 0

Cosmic junk?

Have you ever just looked in the sky and wondered if some bacteria from a world far off in the universe landed in the ocean mutated over eons to cause us to have the bodies we have today?

azzow2 9 Jan 8

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I read many years ago about a theory that small (house-sized) water-ice comets are continually hitting earth--and pretty much instantly vaporizing (theory was disputed then; may have been proven or completely debunked by now idk evidence was spotty at best).

The takeaway is the idea that all of Earth's water may have had extraterrestrial origins, and extraterrestrial water may be continually supplementing our atmosphere.

If that's true, who knows what else might be in those water-ice comets...

I had read that they found the potential for the existence of bacteria on a larger meritorite amino acid.

The Hollywood classic... "Body Snatchers"

Not since last night, I was floating in the pool before moonrise, staring at the large Magellanic cloud and that was one of the many things that went through my mind.

It is a theory. 🙂

Betty Level 8 Jan 8, 2018

Panspermia is the hypothesis that life exists throughout the Universe, distributed by meteoroids, asteroids, comets.

It's a possibility? Not anything that has crossed my mind.

Not lately...but I have...lol.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:13726
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.