Agnostic.com

41 3

How do you cope with the fact that any day you will die and that will be the end?

Hi guys, I would like to get your view on how you cope with the fact that any day you will die and that will be the end?

I am a person that thinks a lot and sometimes I end up with very weird thoughts and this is something that interests me. I enjoy finding deeper meaning in things.

In my case for example, last year was a very stressful year for me so I decided to do more of the things I like and less of the things for the future. So this year I will do more "Carpe Diem" and less stress.
#carpediem #whatislife

JesusOrtega21 5 Jan 8

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

41 comments (26 - 41)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Death is an inescapable consequence of living, you are doomed to die from the moment you are conceived. That never changes, just how we look at it. So I just accept it.

"Cope"? How do you cope with the fact that he sky is blue today? I do not understand this question, sorry.

I live today

Im more worried that I will live forever

Odyn Level 4 Jan 9, 2018

Thank you Victoria for the great video. This subject keeps coming up and always gets a lot of attention.

People often say it is not so much death but the process of dying that is so worrisome (pain, being alone, loose strings). When my partner was dying we got involved with the endoflifewa program and she enrolled in the states Death With Dignity program. I occasionally receive e-mails from them and I will share the latest. Scroll down to state by state to see what is going on in the individual states.

[deathwithdignity.org]

It becomes easier to cope I you ask yourself, "Was I afraid or in pain before I was born?". Of course the answer is no. It becomes even more interesting when you think that the billions of years since The Big Bang was no time at all before you were born. After you die an eternity passes just as fast.

I choose not to worry about it. I'm alive today. I have a roof over my head. Food to eat. A cat to cuddle. And a studio to make art. Oh, and eagles flying overhead. Why worry about death? It will happen when it happens.

Serendipity VictoriaNotes
Just by 'happenstance' (it is one of 2 that I came across) this came up again the same night I replied to this question. I like to read before going to bed and opened The Atlantic Monthly to this article. It is very interesting and definitely needs to be shared. It augments the link VictoriaNotes provided. It is called the WeCroak app and is billed as the anti-app, app.

[theatlantic.com]

It just is what it is. I don't really think about death beyond the hope that I simply die with as little suffering as possible. If all goes well, I won't even notice.

I think everyone deep down will still have that primal fear, just a natural part of our own existence and psyche. But you can't let that one point spoil what you have now.

Sitting in a teary puddle of quaking fear, obviously, paralyzed by the utter horror of it all.
Wait! I am not sure I understand the question.........

Yes I believe my consciousness will fade. Such as if you sit in a sealed dark room and turned on a high voltage light, the heat would increase in the room. After the light is turned off, it takes time for the heat to fade and become part of the rooms temperature. Death is only an event to the one living, after that no one knows, but the odds are it is much more than this, OH I believe this. I will not be there to witness it, somehow I am involved with being.

EMC2 Level 8 Jan 16, 2018

I'm looking forward to it. No more suffering.

How do you cope with fact that the sun rotates around the earth? It just "is"....no coping necessary!

Since there is nothing you can do about it, why worry? Just enjoy the time you have, instead of thinking about the time you don't

I guess I just not a deep thinker. There's nothing to cope with, why worry about something that I have no power over?

Shit happens, so LIVE till you die.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:13776
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.