Agnostic.com

41 8

Does anybody else cringe at the sound of someone’s saying,” Thank you Jesus for dying on the cross for my sins?”

I just want to make sure it is not just me to hear someone say that. It’s like they are constantly kissing jesus’ ass for so-called sins that all took place and started with one man and one woman eating from a tree because a talking snake convinced them to do so. Leave your thoughts below and tell me what you think about this.

EmeraldJewel 7 July 25

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

41 comments (26 - 41)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Which sins are we talking about? The sins of that man and woman banging each other and then their sons doing the same between then to start humanity? I can't think of any way aroun it, let alone from where we ended up with that many different races from just that man and woman. Talking about freaking miracles !!!!! ?

If my stomach is full at the time - hearing that makes it difficult to keep the food down !

Yea,

Not any more because they know not what they say, They follow blindly and state the same ole stuff time after time. As one comedian said, imagine jesus coming back to earth and seeing everyone wearing a reminder of the time on the cross. He would say hey , it was better than this you idiots. Why do you remind me of something you idiots do not get.

EMC2 Level 8 July 27, 2018

I am cringing constantly around such people - don't get many of them here .

jacpod Level 8 July 29, 2018

That whole paradigm makes no sense...too bizarre. That would be creepy to hear someone say that outside of Sunday school. In fact, it's super creepy that people say that kind of thing to young children more often.

Carin Level 8 Aug 1, 2018

I try not to be condescending by just rolling my eyes and taking a deep breath.

Omots Level 7 Aug 7, 2018

It is important to realize (and I'm sure christians do NOT), if we do not sin, jebus died for nothing. (actually he didn't die at all, but was just inconvenienced for a few days).

It's a good thing that a few people I know don't have paint brushes... I would be covered in buckets of blood....

still trying to work out what sin is

Not really.
i think it is wonderful that people have an outlet to feel unconditional Love.

It only bothers me when people say this, yet are not actively trying to better themselves..as Jesus told them to.

I got queasy just reading that.

I'm fine with people saying it, but it is what led me to renounce my Christian bases. If god knows everything, he know lucifer would rebel, he knew eve would eat the fruit, and if he is so powerful why does he need to send himself and sacrifice himself to himself in order to forgive us for what he could have prevented. Sounds like a really bad way to go about being benevolent and all loving.

Yes, but what is even worse is that he didn’t really die on the cross he came back to life. The only ones that die and come back are zombies and vampires.

I just hate when people feel the need to inject the words god, Jesus, Lord or any other filler into every conversation, no matter how mundane. It becomes a filler, as if the more they can use it regardless of the topic, the more points they score with their imaginary friend. Must be tough keeping all those records for how many times they say your name for the millions of true believers so they can collect their brownie points when they die! LOL

I just ignore them and let them be. If they take a long time with I will say something and then leave. There is nothing they can say that will change my mind and go back to the bs.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:139754
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.