Agnostic.com

19 2

POLL How did your neigbors vote?

Great, if not chilling, research tool - complete map of voting in the 2016 election. I'm going to be using this to find a nice blue spot in Vermont to run to. However, I think this could be helpful for everyone.

Would you use this?

• 2 votes
  • 6 votes
  • 23 votes
  • 7 votes
MissaDixon 7 July 26

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

19 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

What do I care? This is an overall average. Some people voted like me, others didn't.

( thank you for sharing...my comment is not meant to offend you in the least ... just to make a point. )

And this comment is why we can't have nice things...too many Americans are here.

@MissaDixon
No offense taken at all! I agree- too many "Murcans".

@MissaDixon By the way, I'm a "Blue" voter in about as "Red" a county as you can get, in a state that usually votes for Democratic presidents and Republican governors... and I'm a union steward, libertarian, support anybody's right to do whatever they want in their own home between consenting adults, and I own legal handguns. So I'm about as much of a contradiction politically as you can get. And I want to kick that orange haired freak out of the Oval Office ASAP.

@Paul4747 Thank you for being so very understanding!! ((hugs))

I already know how my county votes, I actually track that; we are 51% Dem an 49% repub, and the map reflects that...

The UK is different. We only get to vote for MPs, who make up the commons and the biggest party's leader is the PM. MPs represent about 60-70 thousand and the results of the vote are announced just after. I grew up in the safest Labor seat in the UK then moved to the 2nd safest.
Irrespective of your personal politics, whether red or blue (the colours are reversed here) I think you are not best served by govt if you area is too partisan. Best to live in a marginal area where the lying bastards have to do something for you to get your vote.

I feel fortunate to live in a relatively liberal area. Raising children, I want them to know diversity and reject everything that Trump and his supporters represent. America is better than this.

Dew25 Level 7 July 27, 2018

I went into shock. I know I live in a red state but to see it that way is extremely unnerving.

I knew it was bad where I live but I didn't know it was that bad.

gearl Level 8 July 26, 2018

Since I am not in Vermont and do not ask my neighbors their voting habits... Can't help you with your poll... I don't do polling by strangers. Even Blocked my Location.

Scary to be surrounded by that much ignorance!

BillF Level 7 July 26, 2018

Too sad.....so much red. ??

I'm in Indiana.

send help.

JenM Level 4 July 26, 2018

My kids and grandbabies are here. If they all move away I'd have to follow one of them. None of them seem motivated to move, so I'm here.

If I move. mine will just follow. Therefore, I guess I'm better off to stay here where my house is paid off and I'm comfortable.
Plus the place I want to move to is just as red, if not moreso, than here. 😟

I have no intention of leaving where I am. I'm fighting all the way.
If the pendulum can swing one way, it will swing back in the other.

The ONLY thing to do is stay and fight.
Running away solves nothing, and changes nothing.
When did Americans lose their balls?
What a bunch of scaredy cats.

I have stage 4 cancer, 5 special needs fur kids, zero family, and a teacher job. And i've been fighting GOP/DNC for 30 years. I need a break. I'd love to say and fight.

It's depressing, but then I knew that already.

The area I moved into a month ago is predominately Hispanic; take a guess who beat who here. My kind of people.

I moved to a very mixed area in 2014... LOVE IT!!!!!!!! So much better.

@MissaDixon Mexicans/Hispanics have very strong family ties and are hard-working and respectful people; they are not who/what 45 and his minions would have you believe.

I went to my first caucus meeting in 2016, not knowing what to expect, so I REALLY didn't expect to see so many of my neighbors at it. Turns out everybody on one side of the street votes one way and those on the other side, the other way. Funny coincidence

In a sweet spot ..surrounded by red, I’m digging in.

Varn Level 8 July 26, 2018

I literally already knew how my neighbor voted. I was giving him some Roma tomatoes I got at a farmers market the other day. We went inside his apartment for him to get a bag, and there were dozens of pictures of Trump on his fridge and wall. He was very proud of those pictures. I couldn't get out of there fast enough.

Hey, there's a little section of blue in Rome, GA surrounded by pink/red. Neat!

I may live in the suburbs of Houston but it’s also the most diverse county in the country and Hillary won here. I hold out great hope. All the major cities have democratic mayors. It’s evolving... slowly.

I already know how they vote - its a red state. But I like it there.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:140564
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.