Agnostic.com

29 4

Random Acts of Kindness

How often do you choose to perform random acts of kindness? What is your motivation to do so? And what was your most recent random act of kindness?

Scarlet 3 July 28

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

29 comments (26 - 29)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

As a cheerful, born optimist, my rationale is:

If you're going to have conversations with people, why not try to make it end with everyone feeling a bit bucked up and perky? It comes from an almost demented joy in being alive.

Two days ago, laid up with a seemingly broken foot bone, my friend Kameon sent her daughter, Chloe, with salad rolls from a Vietnamese restaurant. Chloe arrived with her friend, Meghan.

Inviting them in, I served the girls snacks. Showed them daughter Claire's wedding invitation. Claire and her fiance' Matt both loved the book, "Goodnight Moon," from their childhoods.

The girls were unfamiliar with "Goodnight Moon."

"I much prefer the joking book by parents, "Go to F--K to Sleep," I said, showing them the hilarious video of Morgan Freeman reading the book.

"The girls had a lot of fun with you!" Kameon said afterward.

My motivation is because I can and I think it is the right thing to do. I keep cash and a small bag of supplies in my car that I can hand out my window to people holding signs on street corners. I have no idea when the last time I did that was. Generally I try to be aware, and sometimes I see the opportunity.

By their nature they are random but probably behind them is just good people wanting to do good i think

weeman Level 7 July 28, 2018

If you are a caring, outgoing person, you do random acts of kindness a number of times daily. It is simply part of who you are. You don't tout the fact, and you don't keep tack of those things.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:141625
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.