Agnostic.com

6 12

QUESTION Good news from N. Carolina.

Judges said redistricting designed to elect Republicans violated the Constitution, the first time a federal court has come to that conclusion.

JackPedigo 9 Jan 10

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Would love to get rid of gerrymandering on a federal level but that doesn't seem likely with Tumper Tantrum at the helm.

Goat Level 5 Jan 11, 2018

Fortunately that is out of his hands. There is concern, though, about the new person on the Supreme Court.

It seems to me if a state won't allow it for that state the Feds. could not force it. Besides who would set up the boundaries and if there were separate state/fed rules does that mean different boundaries for different elections?

@JackPedigo - Even in states with legalized marijuana, the feds are taking action. Restricting housing benefits, healthcare, and even some arrests.
[ocregister.com]

@JackPedigo - Not following... different boundaries for different elections?

@Goat It doesn't seem to be happening in WA. The business is growing strong and even on the island a personal friend is doing a thriving medicinal marijuana business - I have bought from her.

It's the one thing Republicans are better at, cheating.

@MrLizard That may be somewhat true but I think recent history has shown the Democrats are more concerned with a bi-partisan, holistic form of government. Republicans have shown over and over they only care about money and power.

Wonderful News-let's play fair

they had some prety strangely shaped districts over there

Interesting how when it's said by a judge it sounds even better!

Hallelujah

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:14173
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.