Agnostic.com

13 4

Why haven't you uploaded a pic?

So much of communication is non verbal. Personally I like to see who it is I'm talking to as much as is possible in this digital world. Why do some keep the default Avatar?

ScienceBiker 8 Jan 11

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

13 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Ever been a woman online? Didn't think so.

As for why keep the default..meh. I'm lazy. I'm also contrarian, curious, and whimsically experimental. I'd like to see how people respond to me as a non-visualizable entity. Honestly I don't care that much about it either way. I might upload something someday.

I'm not a privacy freak, so I don't object to the idea of exposing my face, but I've had plenty of experience not liking the way people treat me based on my looks. Online I get the choice. In meatspace I either have to deal or stay indoors. So I mostly stay indoors.

I've always wanted to be invisible. This is the next best thing.

@ScienceBiker That's smashing! I'm thoroughly impressed 🙂

I upload something relevant, just prefer to not have my likeness all over the net. The idea of being gawked at tinder-style while strangers decide if I am bangable creeps me out, to be honest. I am seeking conversation, not sex.

Aaaannd after reading the other replies: No, I am not ugly, don't hate myself, do not think I am better than anyone. If not having my picture up causes others to pass, THAT is worth knowing up front, thank you. (;

Zster Level 8 Jan 11, 2018

It's best for you all if I don't. Seriously. With this face... I have to sneak up on a glass of water. I look into the mirror first thing in the morning, and my reflection runs for cover. I once walked by a dressing room mirror and looked inside, and my reflection turned to stone. I was watching Scooby Doo, and the whole cast ran away, including Velma.

I have a fail birthday cake as my visual. For those who read my profile (such as it is), see my photo.

What about those who didn't even open an account? Those are the ones I'm really annoyed with; the nerve!

skado Level 9 Jan 11, 2018

lack of confidence? maybe they are famous. Can't say.

I agree and I don't know.

Because I'm ugly.

Thanks.

Love your bio by the way.

I’ve worked with some serious political campaigns, and found the less personal info out there about you, including photos, the safer you, and consequently your family are. Also, having worked within school districts, we were discouraged at placing ‘identifiable’ info on ourselves on social media platforms as ‘the students are expert at using such info against you.’ Here, I’m not yet convinced of the platform’s security, or ultimate political mindset of our hosts. Also, I’m not looking for love.. And, most of all, sheer laziness 🙂

Varn Level 8 Jan 11, 2018

So you must think you are better than most of us. And your identity must remain a secret. Laziness is never been an excuse.

Students and their parents can be creeps. I am a parent myself, so... yeah

I totally relate. My employer could pull anything linked to me on the net and use it in HR. It's not worth the risk. Some bosses/companies are just mean that way.

@Zster I’ve had to mention that to my daughters… the one most like her dad has her facebook page prettymuch locked down. The other ..most like her mother.. had to recently be reminded, ‘is that what you want your prospective employer to see?’

...but really, it’s been laziness on my part ..and, the inability to figure how to have my laptop do something my dumbphone apparently can’t - post a fuckin photo online.. And, I’m actually enjoying this place so much -- I’ve not slowed down long enough to.. If you need further excuses, just ask 🙂

I would think, married or family concerns. Either way they don't or are not ready to be seen on an agnostic dating site yet.

I don'tknow-I've always had a current (within 6 months) photo up. Maybe they are not ready?Maybe they don't trust people? Afraid to put themselves out there? Maybe we should add points for pics-in fact I think we do.

Yeah there are points for pics!

@IndySent Should there be more points for nudes?

I've often thought the same thing. I guess it's one of those comming out fears going on.

I get mine out every chance I get!

@Zoidburg. My my... lol.

@BucketlistBob Haha! Should be a nudist section!

I'm far less likely to reply to someone with no pic and I definitely wouldn't respond to a PM.

Because they are ugly?

@zeliasgrand I think I'm ugly, I have pics up!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:14356
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.