Agnostic.com

4 0

Any other speculative fiction (Fantasy and Science Fiction) writers here?

Allan 5 Oct 14

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I'm currently editing my third novel, Where the Stars Hang (wtshnovel.weebly.com). My two published novels are available on Amazon (Veiled Stars and Measured Land.)

Gohan Level 7 Jan 22, 2018

I'm currently working on a sci-fi novel series of what you'd call a speculative fiction bent. It deals with the evolution of the human species and its effects on society.

Mostly fantasy, sometimes sci-fi, always fiction.

Clearly a writer. Where are you on the path towards being published and famous?

Several years ago I self-published a novel, but between bad advice and a bunch of "life" happening at the time, plus me failing at the self-marketing part of it all, motivation for that project fizzled out. (Bad excuses, yes.) Currently still writing, still coming up with new ideas, and trying to actually finish something to even get to the point of trying to publish again, self or otherwise.

My novel SCAPEGOATS (Golden Fleece Press March 2018) is SF-ish. The goats from Leviticus 16:21 decide to organize in order to counter-balance the load of sin they are required to bear. The book gives a good shellacking to organized religion while preserving some "specialness" as having happened; it's a tossup as to whether the specialness is material or not. Best take-away line from the book is "How, precisely, are we supposed to fight a war if we're not allowed to, you know, shoot anybody?" The sequel, WAITING FOR GOAT-0, is square in the SF camp. I am an accidental writer. I had two personal research projects, one rationalizing external costs of fossil fuel with a view toward minimizing lung disease, and another analyzing out of place information artifacts in ancient texts. Neither went anywhere; My wife told me to do a Dan Brown and stick them in a novel. While my wife was manning a both for Wilkes at the AWWP convention in DC, I walked my sample around the tables, and the last table I saw was apparently a perfect fit. Two weeks after we got back to New York, I got an email requesting a full MS, which I had to scramble to finish, and three months later they sent me a contract.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:1436
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.