Agnostic.com

32 5

Making new friends

So many join sites like this to make friends since it seems so hard to make them in the real world.

What are some ways you've been successful making new friends outside of the computer?

Crimson67 8 July 30

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

32 comments (26 - 32)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Photography - I set up a village photography club shortly after moving when my marriage broke down and have met several people that way. Also cycling, which I combine with photography, most of my friends are either cyclists themselves or involved in the cycle racing world.

Jnei Level 8 July 30, 2018

Other than work, nothing really.

I’m an active member of a Unitarian Universalist congregation, and I’m made close friends there. Also met three of my chest friends while we volunteered in a local school renovation committee. Also made friends through a choir I joined and a singles group I started for my town.

UUNJ Level 8 Aug 2, 2018

I'm more curious how friendships show themselves in the US. Going out together? Having nice evening by visiting each other, having a drink, some snacks and a nice conversation? Joining clubs? I actually don't know how it works here.

Gert Level 7 Aug 1, 2018

@Crimson67 Ok, good idea, I made a separate post of it.

@Crimson67 What do they say? Great minds ……………… 🙂

I just talk until I find common interests, or irreconcilable differences. It either ends with us shamelessly nerding out or going our separate ways.

Marz Level 7 July 31, 2018

After the lover portion is over they become my friends.... I am better at goodbye than at hello. There is no bitterness in me, nothing happens at the end that produced enemies between me and her, even someone from my Crete days still in contact with me 23 years later. I am one those that do not lost a lover... I gained a friend and should be for life as far I am concerned. Nothing new, in my teens my first two girlfriends were first my best friends and it was losing the friend that I missed, not the gf. My best friend now... former gf, 16 years after lust.

Too many possibilities.... Mostly at work since that's where I spend most of my time, it's a big place with lots of interesting people. The next one down the line, motorcycle gathering downtown over the weekend, amazing how many compatible crazy people I have found that way.... Last but not least, the bar tour (not as often anymore, I am not getting any younger).... never been a real drinker but I do enjoy a couple of beers with a nice live music band.... That's pretty much it. How about you?

@Crimson67 I figure but still wanted to ask ?

@Crimson67 that's nice !!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:143686
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.