Agnostic.com

20 5

Would you rather: Sit through an entire church service, or get shots at the doctor's office

jayray44 3 Jan 11

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

20 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I guess it depends on the church service.

I'd rather go to church. Who knows what they are injecting in you at the doctor's office. If it turns out to be shitty you can't undo it. If I go to church I could get in a good nap, maybe some laughs, and possibly some grape juice and crackers

when did they start doing shots at the doctor's office?

hahahaha, I first read this as "..., or get shot at the doctor's office" Still had to stop and think about my answer.

That’s easy .A pin prick is far less painful than listening to nonsense for one hour .

Hey... bring on that meedle..lol.

Funny, you should ask. I just got shot with a tetanus booster and a pneumonia vaccine. The pharmacist asked if I would like a piece of candy as a bribe and I told her my bribe is better health. There are no positive health benefits at any church service. Only boredom.

shots at drs office-quick and over fast-no bullshit

I need to go home. It's been a long day. Not once, but twice, I read this post as saying, "Would you rather sit through an entire church service, or get shot at the doctor's office."

I can actually enjoy certain types of church service. The more ornate and traditional the better. It's part of our historcial culture after all, and sometimes incorporates great art and music. And it's bizarre and fascinating to witness people in this day and age sincerely believing these things and acting out the rituals. You may as well be witnessing a ceremony on a ziggurat in Mesopotamia 5000 years ago - it's beautiful and amazing once you learn to see it from a completely neutral standpoint with no personal baggage. It's not what religious people do in church I have a problem with, it's what they do when they take these absurd anachronistic beliefs into outside society.

Give me the shots any day. A few seconds of physical discomfort is wayyyyy easier to deal with than hours of mental discomfort.

Shots. Of tequila. (You did not specify which type!)

That's a No-Brainer, I'm an Atheist and one who is fully in support of vaccinations, etc,. therefore I'd take the waiting in the Doctors' Surgery over being bored shitless in church any day.

Shots..

JMcD Level 3 Jan 11, 2018

I can sit thru church services. I find a place where no one can see me smile...and imagine zombie apocalypse. I am not good with needles.

Shots.

Shots. Definitely. At least I'd be fighting off an infection, or preventing getting something unpleasant.

shots for sure 😛

None!

Here's my vote: church service. Fuck needles.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:14390
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.