Agnostic.com

15 3

If alien species existed, do you think they’d want anything to do with humanity or Earth?

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

15 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Humans are fun to probe.....but we're really here just to observe and make a lot of reports.
😉

Would we want anything to do with them?

Heck yes! I’d want them to turn me into one of them.

They might like us with a nice cream sauce and a bottle of wine.

It really all depends on some things, what they agenda would be , are they hostile or not. And would they want anything here with us , our animals or resources

Pretty sure any alien interest would be purely scientific or nothing but wholesale horrified fascination.

The lack of evidence of their being here shows that there is intelligence in the universe.

BillF Level 7 Aug 1, 2018

It would not surprise me if earth is considered the West Virginia of the universe.

Probably not I'm an Earthling and I really don't I have too much positive to say about Humanity.

Lol ikr! That’s how you know it’s really bad when earthlings don’t like earthlings.

Maybe as food? Read "To Serve Man"

True! we probably taste like chicken.

@nosferatu_cat m Damon Knight. I saw it in an episode of twilight Zone, too.

Why would they? Any species advanced enough to reach us would have access to many other worlds to colonize, as well as much better sources for natural resources and power. The only thing they couldn’t more easily get elsewhere is us, but there is really nothing to be gained by interacting with a violent, fickle, xenophobic species as divided and distrusting as us.

I think most human concepts of Aliens are narrowly imagined as a species of a compatible size. What if Aliens were actually too big of too small to communicate?
Ant might actually think of elephants as aliens and vice versa.
Most alien fanatasies are just substitutes for religous ideas a sort of atheists' religious friend.

Actually the deep time/deep space problem makes it almost zero probability we will ever meet other intelligent life in the universe. We will find other life if we are ever able to colonize other planets and moons of the giant planets.

Would you ?

Nope! That’s why I’m asking this question to get other people’s thoughts. I’m sure alien species would have far better things to be doing rather than being stuck around annoying humans and the popular culture of having imaginary friends.

Would you ?

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:145514
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.