Agnostic.com

30 2

What is "the sixth sense" of yours?

If I meet a possible partner I can understand from the smallest gesture what is his interest in. If he smile and is very patient and kind for example I can feel if he is angry, try to lie, try to manipulate me, faking it, don't like me, etc.
The same I can "read" a person despite the distance. If someone send me a message (after 2, 3 messages) I can feel what happens in "the backstage", what are the feelings of the person concerning me.

Sensiwoman7 6 Aug 1

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

30 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I see dumb people. What?

godef Level 7 Aug 1, 2018

I've developed and refined the capacity to desperately need to fart at the worst possible times socially. I hate to toot my own horn, but it's impressive.

@HonkyBMcFunky

Hilarious! Your user name is funny, too. You get a "A" for humor.

I am a champion people-reader. It's not magic. It's a finely-tuned, super-juiced muscle that has been developed over some twenty shy, curious, intelligent, observant years of not speaking and just listening and watching.

Spotting a phony. I've had more than one occasion where I was not fond of someone everyone else thought was a "great guy" only to have them turn out to be con men.

That's an awesome skill.

My sense that I just said the wrong thing, and it's too late to call back that text message. 😟

Ohh, you can change that..

@Sensiwoman7 Well, I try to just be myself, but sometimes things written down don't come out as humorous as they were in my head... and then I've already hit "send" and it's too late....

I can always sense when l've done something stupid. It's a gift.

Geez, where can I get some of That!??!!

@AnneWimsey A testicle transplant. ?

@Sticks48 huh, I don't think my insurance would cover it........LOL!

@AnneWimsey There are side effects you might not care for that come with them anyway, like the 5 second rule when you drop food on the floor and the inability to hit the toilet when you pee.

@Sticks48 Any upsides? There's gotta be some!?

@AnneWimsey ? ......l got nothin'.

@Sticks48 aaaaaawwwwwww..............

@Sticks48
Love your sense of humor! Your comment about the side effects made me laugh out loud. Still smiling.

@LiterateHiker Thank you. That is very nice of you to say. ☺

Always after the fact and never before?

@pixiedust Oh no, I'm a guy. I always know before hand and do it anyway. ☺

I too can spot when being lied to or when someone tries to manipulate me. In writing it is exponentially more difficult because we don’t have visual queues to rely upon. I don’t think it’s much of a “sense”, rather it most likely comes from having lived life to a certain point and having been lied to or manipulated. Our brain probably tries to warn us.
Coming from a fundamentalist upbringing I’ve had to learn how to not rely solely on binary or black&white thinking. While being analytical I try to give people the benefit of the doubt until proven otherwise.

I’ve had a few instances where I have interacted with people in a professional setting or while out and about and they made the hair on the back of my neck stand up. I understood that I had to steer clear of them.

My gut instincts never lie! I may not always listen but I know they are spot on.

I have Flea S P. I can sense a dog has an external parasite from rooms away. When it comes to people I obviously stink at this because I never saw my husband bolting like a herd of frightened deer coming. But fleas? Yep. I can psychically sense them in my house.

As shit superpowers go, that's pretty cool! ??

I can repel people from approaching me with unwanted, and extremely boring small talk, with a brief negative glance in their direction.

i could use that super power

@sargentpepper it does come in handy

Not sure if this counts, but I’m really good with names. Not at guessing them, but at remembering people I’ve met in person.

@JoeLuizzi

Lucky you. I remember faces, but not names.

Over 10,000 people attended my seminars in my first seven years of business.

"Kathleen! Good to see you!" people greeted me in the grocery store, giving me a hug. Although they looked familiar, I couldn't remember their name.

Then it became too late. After chatting with the same person a few times, I feel embarrassed to ask.

"How do you spell your name?" I asked cagily.

"Sue Smith." cringe

@LiterateHiker sorry I had to laugh at how to spell Sue smith.

@Qualia

I felt like a colossal ass.

@LiterateHiker That's a neat trick tho, until their name is too simple.
I forget names a lot also. 😟

Ohh that's very good! I'm wrong with name..

My sixth sense is the same as everybody's, vestibular.

I can usually tell those things myself. Call it intuition or just a gut feeling I know what you mean.

PaulD Level 5 Aug 1, 2018

Good!

@Sensiwoman7 How have you been?

Sometimes i feel like I'm struggling to get 3 or 4 senses ticking over! I'm notoriously bad at picking up signals, been told so many times after the fact how interested somebody was in me. I'm also extremely hard to read in the same way so I suspect I put up a wall of some sort. Know any buyers? Weren't Mexico looking for one?

Salo Level 7 Aug 1, 2018

Reading intentions. Got some theatrical insights which stuck with me as to judge someone’s goals and motivations. That, combined with a quiet childhood of listening more than talking, has left me pretty good at predicting intent.

Thinking

@RoadGlider for president!

I have felt that I also have this ability and I can read people like a book. Keep in mind that I am accurate but I cannot show you any evidence.

Sounds like youre reading microexpressions in person and are very sensitive to reading between the lines verbally or in text. Everyone flashes a face for a couple milliseconds and gives body language clues with their posture that give you a window to their real feelings, no matter how good a liar or actor they are (unless they're on a lot of opiates or botox). I’m very good at catching people’s vibe based on this phenomenon too, and knowing whether or not to trust them. Sometimes for as shallow of a reason as “they just have one of those faces” and I can't articulate why. But I've never been wrong so far about who not to trust.

If you have a strong gut feeling about someone, listen to it! Especially ladies, when dating online and deciding who to meet/how much info to give out. If you feel like you’re a bad judge of character and don't know what to look for, this skill can be trained with flash card software. Look into Dr Eckman’s research on microexpressions, how to recognize them, and watch the dramatic series about him called Lie to Me. Very useful info for poker players, law enforcement/security, teachers/social workers, insurance and fraud detection, TSA, any profession that deals with risk assessment and the public.

Thank you for your advice!

@Sensiwoman7 no prob it sounds like you’re an outlier in that your potential for reading those cues is naturally very high already, but it might become an even greater skill if you can identify the microexpressions by name and put your gut feelings into non-mystical, specific terms.

I learned to read the energy of a group, while mediating conflicts and presenting seminars.

Sounds interesting!

Interesting. What am I feeling now?

You are feeling a little too warm but are making adjustments to cool off a bit. That insect bite on your left calf is troubling you but you hadn't really noticed it until I mentioned it. You had a quick chicken salad for tea/dinner/evening meal thing. You're worried you might bruise at the top of your thigh might bruise by tomorrow and you're about to find out your Facebook has been hacked.

I'm not sure if this classifies as a 'sixth' sennce, but I can read people rather well.
I think it all started with having an abusive father. I could tell just by looking at him when shit was about to go down.
Aside from that I guess it mostly comes from experience from being around people for so many years.

I sense patterns regardless of their form, physical or more abstract. Patterns in static in motion, in events on the world stage to patterns of behavior in people animals or stars. Though not a true sense in it's own right, it is the accumnlation of all my senses, then sensed with the mind. Party my nature but also I developed it over many years, including mind expansion through psychedelics and a learned way to see things, not as a man, a white, a leftie or even a human. Once you can free your mind from it;s various peer type influence you see differently and the patterns begin to stand out. what once looked like lots of unconnected dots suddenly become a whole.

Pfff. I have enough trouble with my regular senses.

I dream about people I know about situations that are happening to them and when I enquirer it is always so.

I don't really think I can read people like that. My first 2 girlfriends were first my best friends so I even misread that. I don't expect to be liked by everyone dating me. Never been angry at my bad decisions, I am flawed. First impression could be mistaken too, so I am tolerant, I spilled a drink at my first date with the young woman eventually became my wife. A woman that in our first date called me Emotionally Unavailable 16 years later we are now each other Best Friend, we had lived together, danced a lot and no longer sleep with each but we are linked in friendship. I know there is a lot of Fake in the internet. And can come across often enough, I am new and naive in this media. My environment always been observing a woman how she dance, how she treat those that dance with her. Does she enjoy herself? I have to see body language, tone of voice, face, eyes. Need face to face. But great if you are spot on, you need to protect yourself always.

Haha you said you spilled a drink at your date and that sounds like so funny. I think you were very excited. There was a man in my life that did the same thing haha. He stood up from the table and he pulled the table cloth after he and spilled all the drinks with me..not every day it happens ha ha

@Sensiwoman7 But yet, me and you laugh about it. We were in a disco and getting up from the bar stool to dance... may had been early August 1977 I splashed her all over... I turned around to her other friend while she went to the bathroom, well I had my shot and Fuck it Up! She may had said... yes you did and she really liked you, what a shame! I may had said the only thing I could say.... Help me out, go to the bathroom, help me. I still remember her dress white with black polka dots. I used my sister to get to her. Didn't expected nothing but life, romance, love is larger than us. My memory always been amazing for those details.... names that was the problem but on those days I keep a journal/diary... every night all events of the day went in there. Names, phone numbers, conversations, first impressions, priorities. Helped me win a lot of arguments. Did it for many years. From senior H.S. until joining the Navy.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:145573
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.