Agnostic.com

8 11

My adoptive parents are gay and have been together for 38 years now. When I was ~14 I heard that being gay was a choice, so I figured that id like to be bi even though I’m streight. It would be great to have that increased chance to be with someone you love; so I tried to find men attractive for a while, not that I ever tried sex or even kissing with other men, just tried to open my mind to it. I found that there is no way I could possibly find other men sexually appealing and never have. In the same way I could not change my orientation, at least some gay people cannot change theirs as well. I don’t think anyone can change their orientation but that could only be an opinion because I don’t know everyone.

Funandfondles 6 Jan 12

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

8 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I have many gay friends, male and female, I can understand it easily enough. When a young female friend says she is repulsed by the male body, I seriously get where she is coming from.

When I was in my teens-20's I sometimes worried that I might be gay (I wouldn't worry in the least anymore, even if I was, but I guess I was still figuring things out then, and still hadn't entirely given up religion). Then in a human sexuality class, the professor shared a story of a friend who wondered if he was gay. The professor asked him, "Have you ever been attracted to men?" That question was like a slap upside the head to me. I've never had any attraction to men at all, so why would I think I might be gay? So obvious, but that's what it took for me to realize it.

Since then, I've sometimes said that I wish I could be gay. Finding sex partners would be so much easier.

as my friend once said if I ever found a man attractive in that way I wouldn't hesitate. I just don't.

I agree. I really think it is how people are wired. I am not bothered by same sex relationships, and don't find them any different than any other relationship. But I do not find men attractive. We are a gross lot, and it is lucky anybody will have anything to do with us....hehe

I laughed at this, no one is nasty in a bad way if they take care of themselves. Just do your best and someone will think it’s enough, I’m assuming. Also, I know some better looking guys then most girls, not that I find them attractive, they just take better care of themselves, but on the same note it’s also socially acceptable for men to let themselves go.

I used to own an LGBTQ Introduction service 20 years ago. I am heterosexual. Sexual orientation is not a choice. You can't make yourself bi-sexual out of choice. I don't know who told you it was a choice. I have gay and lesbian friends. I can't decide all of a sudden I'm lesbian even though I could be socializing with lesbians. .

Lots of people say it’s a choice, and when your young you absorb things like a sponge. I grew up United Methodist and went to church camp, was one of 200 votes that decided some of its major changes. I did not grow up around free thinking individuals, I grew up in a small town, with minor tolerance toward anything not Bible thumper, and was fortunate to be in a safe place to figure things out. Also had no phone until I was 17 and highly restricted access to internet. Not everyone has people saying the truth in their lives.

A person's sexual orientation is no one business unless abuse, force, or a child is involved.

Betty Level 8 Jan 12, 2018

I have first hand knowledge with lots of gay people. But, I have yet to meet one, that chose that life style! In fact, they would say, if choice was an option, they would have chose 'straight!' Aside from experimentation, I don't believe that people can override their true nature! Maybe, people are bi- by nature! Even if it was a choice, what difference would that make to me? I see a person, there first...then I discover his/her attributes...and I found both male and female in all of us!!

The world would be a more peaceful place if everyone thought that way 🙂

I don't know about more peaceful because there is much violence that has nothing to do with sexuality, but it would definitely be more accepting and inclusive and that would go along way in reducing the overall violence.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:14671
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.