Agnostic.com

16 5

Have you visited one of the 7 Wonders of the World?

There are the classic:

1)Colossus of Rhodes
2)Great Pyramid of Giza
3)Hanging Gardens of Babylon
4)Lighthouse of Alexandria
5)Mausoleum at Halicarnassus
6)Statue of Zeus at Olympia
7)Temple of Artemis at Ephesus

The modern:

1)Channel Tunnel
2)CN Tower
3)Empire State Building
4)Golden Gate Bridge
5)Itaipu Dam
6)Panama Canal

The natural:

1)Grand Canyon
2)The Great Barrier Reef
3)The Harbor at Rio de Janeiro
4)Mt. Everest
5)Northern Lights
6)Paricutin Volcano
7)Victoria Falls

I always thought that Niagara Falls should be on the natural list because it's massive, majestic, and connects two countries. Also, I am biased because I am from Buffalo. 🙂

Have you visited any of these 7? Do you have a list of your own that is suggestible?

MyLiege 7 Jan 13

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

16 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

My daughter and I were extremely privileged to be guided on a tour inside the Great pyramid of Cheops in 1998 by Zahi Hawas himself. It was amazing and eye-opening just as was our later tour through the 'bowels' ( storage areas) of the Cairo Museum.

Niagara Falls keeps me mindful of earth energies and Tesla. ...Giza pyramids have my interest in going especially to see more mummified CATS than there are human mummies but as long as criminal theocrat muslims run Egypt I don't feel safe anywhere near Palestine with the Nazi IDF terrorizing the poor Arabs in shrinking ghettos

Empire State Building, Grand Canyon, and, if it still counts, Niagara Falls.

Have done the Great Barrier Reef quite a few times, it is great, but I limit my visits to about a week, it gets a little boring. Than after 12 months I want to go back again for another week.

I have been to the Golden Gate Bridge and Niagra Falls.

I went to most with Google...does that count? XD

@Suzanna Haha! same...

I don't know how the Empire State Building made the list. To me, it just feels like home. I never lived in the city, but I lived close enough to see it often.

I think that at 60 million years old the Giant's Causeway is the oldest of the great natural wonders of the world.

Yuss I have been to the Great Pyramids of Giza, lighthouse of Alex, and Colossus of Rhodes and the Golden gate bridge.

I still want to get to Rio, the Northern lights and the Empire State building.

You mentioned the Panama canal, though what about the Suez canal Egypt? i have been there, well under there and beside there but you cannot visit there.

Also the Parthenon Acropolis in Athens Greece, that I have been too.

Taj Mahal in India. I have not been to but would love to go to.

Just to add, in New Zealand we get the southern lights, same as the northern lights.. just southern 😉 So I have seen those

Sacha Level 7 Jan 13, 2018

@meerasate Also forgot the great Wall of China, I have never been but am itching to go.

@meerasate Ohhhhhh don't even get me started! lol

I've been to the Pyramids (shame the city and golf course are so close). We're obviously a bit limited with the rest as they no longer exist, and in the case of the Hanging Gardens may never have existed, so i'm going to propose that Stonehenge and the Avebury stone circle are added - been to both many times.

The only one of the Modern Wonders I've been to (and definitely the only one I've traveled through on a train) is the Channel Tunnel). I reckon the Millau Viaduct should be on there too, but I haven't been there either.

I haven't seen any of the Natural Wonders but I'd like to see them all, especially the Northern Lights.

Jnei Level 8 Jan 13, 2018

It seems to me that you left one out.
[ireland.com]

@ASTRALMAX that is awesome!

Empire State Building and Grand Canyon. I've also seen Leaning Tower of Pisa, The Colliseum, Dome of the Rock, and Wailing Wall.

Thought there was 8 now with 3 gorges dam.

@azzow2 perhaps I'm a little outdated..

Have been to Ephesus. Modern - Empire State Bldg, Golden Gate. Natural - Grand Canyon,and have seen northern lights. Don't have any on bucket list.

Just two natural, Grand Canyon as a kid and Northern Lights all the time.

golden gate bridge and the grand canyon

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:14869
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.